Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] ASVAuto and aerophagia
ASVAuto and aerophagia
Hi,

I'm new with Resmed Aircurve 10 CS Pacewave, only three weeks behind. I had Airsense 10 Autoset for 10 month, but had issues with centrals so doctor changed machine to CS.
My pressures with APAP were 4-10cmH2O and EPR 3.
Now with CS values are
- ASVAuto
- Min EPAP 4.0
- Max IPAP 30.0
- PS 3.0-15.0

My problem is aerophagia. What should I try for lesser swallowed air? Everything else is just great. Maybe PS 4.0-12.0? Last night screenshot attached.

Here's little background to my other problem, knowledge:

My severe sleepapnea was diagnosed with home test and I have never seen a doctor (in case of sleepapnea). I don't know what is the real diagnose in english, but I have both, obstructive and central apneas (AHI was 43). In the beginning doctor thought that centrals were not significant enough. After doctor had prescribed CPAP for me, nurses monitor treatment with AirWiew. They didn't want the detailed information, even I asked them to read it. I had nights over one hour in apnea (CS) and they sayed that everything is OK. Average AHI was 7, but some nights over 20, almost only centrals and the most frequently in the early morning hours. And yes, sleepapnea symptons didn't go away.
   Finally doctor agreed to test CS-machine. And I still haven't seen this doctor, we communicate only through nurses. When I got this CS-machine, from nurse, she told me that she doesn't know how it works and gave me a paper to read about it. So how can I rely that my treatment is in capable hands? I got machine from Finnish public healthcare, it's a "loan" machine. I have studied from web and tried to learn myself about sleepapnea. Now I ask for You to help me, because there is lesser info about CSA and ASV. I think that there isn't competent doctors or nurses in this quite small Finnish town.
I know that they will change values, if I just ask them to, but they might get angry if I do it myself Smile    

Thank you!

RE: ASVAuto and aerophagia
How severe is the Aerophagia?
This machine functions best unrestricted by pressure limitations.

I would try PS 3 to 13 as a temporary reduction.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have far less aerophagia sleeping on my left side than on my right side. You may see if there are any positional effects for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can identify the times or settings when arerophagia is worse, we can easily limit your settings. Based on what you have already posted, I am certain you can achieve good results with EPAP min 4.0, EPAP Max 6.0, PS min 2.0 and PS max 11.0. The PS max can likely be lowered if necessary later. These initial settings are based on the maximum potential PS given a 95% IPAP of 15.8 in your current results. If you are comfortable with setting these pressures, they are a bit lower than Bonjour's suggestion, but I'm pretty confident they will work for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for answers!

Worst time of the night is from 3 a.m. until awakening. It's also time when I strat to roll from side to side. I try to sleep on my back because I have psoriatic arthritis and my shoulders does hurt when sleeping on my sides. I have sleeped sideways my whole life and I am still learning to sleep on my back. I think that aerophagia is at worst when sleeping sideways, but I am not sure is it from position or higher pressure.

I finally got setting to Min EPAP 4.0 Max IPAP 22.0 PS 3.0-12.0, I will try these now. First night behind and some air swallowed, but otherwise everything still good. I still think that sleeping on back will ease aerophagia. Thank you again and I will report if any change in treatment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 612 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 527 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 410 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Ohmy Aerophagia is making me lose my mind urachan 9 851 01-01-2024, 05:01 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  EPR, Central Apnea, and Aerophagia rpierce 23 2,309 11-12-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.