Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Advice Please
RE: Advice Please
I should make my bipap settings this or are you saying my ASV should be this, once I get one?  I guess my next questions is, how do i change the settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2020, 10:28 PM)Ryan needs to Sleep Wrote: Yes, I was on a pap all night.

Could you post the original Sleep Report?
It might clear up some issues.

I still believe that you have Treatment Emergent Central Apnea(Complex Apnea).
From the study that I posted the link:
"Currently, the treatment options are to either continue using CPAP assessing whether central apneas naturally resolve (as occurs in > 90% of patients by 3 months2,4[/url][url=https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3700705/#B6]7) or try changing the mode of positive airway pressure (PAP) to either bilevel PAP (BPAP) with a backup rate or adaptive servoventilation (ASV)."

I probably disagree with a number of the posters here but my opinion is that you should continue with your current machine for a month to see whether your body adapts to the pressure, and the centrals resolve themselves.
Of course, if you have money to spare, the ASV could be your answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
We will address the ASV settings when you get one, They WILL be different.

In the black banner above click on CPAP Setup Manuals and follow the instructions. It is a manual process so it will not be instant. That will tell you how to get into the clinician menu where you can make these changes.

All I'm trying to do is get you some relief prior to the ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Understood-thank you! Settings changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
The DreamStation is plugged into power but is not On as in therapy mode. Push and hold both Ramp and Dial knob for about 5 seconds until the Clinical menu pops up. Click on the Green therapy square. Use the dial to scroll left or right to the pressure setting you need to edit, click dial to enter, scroll with the dial to go edit in increments of .5, select the correct number and click to lock it in. Repeat for any other setting you need to edit. When done you can click the Green return to main menu square or click the start/stop button to return it to standby.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night with min 8, max 8.
Post Reply Post Reply
The clusters of OA and H say you are likely tucking your chin. Read the soft cervical collar link in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw the obstructive clusters earlier, and I'm late to the game. Bonjour has given good advise. Read the soft cervical collar wiki and take a look at the positional apnea link in that wiki. I think your previous minimum pressure support of 2.0 was helpful with hypopnea, but you used a variable PS and when the machine delivered higher pressure support the centrals flared up. I'm going to suggest that we go back to auto BiPAP mode with a EPAP min 7.0, PS 2.0 (set minimum and maximum the same), Max pressure 12.0 cm. If you can tame the positional apnea with the collar and get relief from hypopnea with the minimal BiPAP, and avoid centrals, that will be progress. I think ASV is the long term solution, and I hope you will push for the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV rather than the Philips.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you sleeprider!
Epap 7
Ipap pressure?

I’m new to programming it so I just want to make sure I am speaking the same language. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Min EPAP = 7
Nax IPAP = 12
PS = 2
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 15 267 1 hour ago
Last Post: iamJB
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 857 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,790 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 787 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.