Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Advice on OSCAR report
Advice on OSCAR report
Hi all,

Attached are 2x snapshots from my oscar report. I am wondering if any changes are recommended. The machine says I have a good AHI, however I feel tired most days.

I get a couple of centrals, but nothing major. I just picked a typical night here:

[Image: fS2ZJzY.png]

[Image: pGvqoVz.png]

I have also tried BiLevel, but found the pressure differences caused a LOT of centrals which made me feel worse. Wondering if I can/should tweak any of the basic CPAP settings to try and help me feel more reseted?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice on OSCAR report
Can you show us a Daily that's not zoomed for context sake? This would give us an overall night's view. And verify settings as well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are using a fixed pressure of 15.0 with no EPR. It appears you might tolerate lower pressure without significantly increasing events. What pressure alternatives have you tried in the past, and how did they affect your therapy? For example, have you tried using low PS of 1 or 2 or have you tried lower pressure? When you tried bilevel pressure, what pressures were used?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, here is a zoomed out view:

[Image: KFHWzPm.png]

I have tried CPAP mode in other settings, I started off with 12cm which also resulted in low reported AHIs, but I noticed a few more "flow limitation" events so gradually increased it to 15 where it generally seems good -- although looking at this graph there are still some spikes in flow limitation. Here's a zoom in on a cluster of flow limitations:

[Image: EO66cFx.png]

On BiLevel mode I tried various settings and pressures. Typical was EPAP 6cm with 8cm of support. But it would give me AHIs of around 30+ because it triggered centrals.

I dont know whether to try that again and maybe play with the settings some more.

I have also tried CPAP with EPR -- again the more pressure support I dial in here, the more centrals I get
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't say what numbers would be good, but the ones when using a Bi-Level of 6 with 8 PS would need some editing to be within a reasonably good range. I'd think you'd need to add something to that 6 and also take some PS off. Especially so, if as it sounds, the CA event rate was going up.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I might get BiLevel another try and use a smaller pressure range like you suggest. I feel like I probably have UARS which I hear is helped by using BiLevel.

I also read that tweaking the Trigger and Cycle settings might help me. I think I may need a more sensitive trigger so that the machine supplies a breath easier -- thinking this may result in less centrals?
Post Reply Post Reply
Graphs from last time I tried BiLevel:

[Image: 9J5HdSq.png]

[Image: 0IvFEX3.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
oof. that's brutal. much worse than fixed cpap mode at 16 cmw. what was wrong with ahi of 0.56? even an asv won't do better than that. if you're still feeling bad, it isn't likely from apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeaah, fixed CPAP I certainly seem to do better on. The doc said he has seen some people who do not tolerate pressure differentials and that it can trigger the centrals.

Problem is, even on fixed CPAP I'm still feeling tired most days. Drs done all kinds of test and cannot find anything else wrong.

At a loss of what to do. I don't wanna feel like this forever Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, believe me, I hear you. if your 0.56 ahi is typical rather than a one-off, apnea may not be your ongoing issue. lots of things can disrupt sleep. it looks like those inspiratory spikes are 4-6 minutes apart so initially I chose not to mention periodic limb movement, but I don't know that movements can't come at longer intervals than I typically have. maybe something to look into. try scrolling through your flow rate at a 10 minute view scale. we might see some lesser spikes at closer intervals. other than that, all I can suggest based on what you've provided so far is to concentrate on sleep hygiene. how long have you been papping? what did your sleep test (in the details, not the summary) report about central apnea and periodic limb movement (and arousals in general)?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 133 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 176 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,544 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 329 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 466 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 293 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,029 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.