Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Advice on OSCAR report
RE: Advice on OSCAR report
Yep in CPAP mode my typical AHI is 0.5 > 1.5 range. I actually find the constant pressure more comfortable/natural too as I just forget about it, as opposed to the BiLevel where its almost like forcing air in when you take a breath.

Ooooh, "Periodic Limb Movement" is an actual disorder?  I know I toss and turn and find myself readjusting my legs a lot. I have a knee pillow and often stretch my legs into weird positions to feel most comfortable.

Before I started CPAP (been on for 2 years now, but never really felt treated), I definitely had restless leg syndrome where I would get that weird tingle sensation and an urge to really stretch my legs in bed.

Picking through some more random CPAP days' data, my insp times seem to vary from being very flat, around 1.4s average, but then there are periods of "crazyness" where there are these clear spikes.

[Image: MyfQIV9.png]

[Image: XkeTDzP.png]

Also of note, I got an SPO2 device and recorded a few nights while on CPAP. I also had perfect saturation levels so I believe CPAP is doing what its supposed to. I'm just not getting restful sleep out of it.

My sleep hygiene is very good btw - I follow all the do's and don'ts around this.
Post Reply Post Reply
if you've experienced rls, you might well have sleeping plm as well.  I'm often aware of rls before falling asleep but am completely oblivious to plm.  fyi, the attachment is an example of what my respiratory response to plm looks like.  I'm a little less sure about another pattern I often see, which is also periodic and looks 'softer', with a csr-like sinusoidal waxing and waning of flow, sometimes punctuated by apnea or hypopnea and often accompanied by leaks.  both patterns include flow limited breaths between inspiratory peaks.  pap can't help this. in fact, the resmed machine response to flow limitations that the machine can't overcome can be as disturbing as the movements. on the one hand, it's nice to figure out what ails us, on the other, I hope plm isn't your problem.  it's hard to treat, at least in my case.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2020, 04:15 PM)airoutlaw Wrote: Graphs from last time I tried BiLevel:

[Image: 9J5HdSq.png]

[Image: 0IvFEX3.png]
who configured that BiLevel I think every one would have ca’s if the pressure support was set at 9 like that....
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you think a more sensible range would be?
Post Reply Post Reply
Start with pressure support at 3 the same as the Autoset with EPR at 3 we can tweak from there
Post Reply Post Reply
So tried it last night using the "S" mode with "EasyBreath" as I'd read good things. Feel like I slept OK but not great. Felt like I woke up with anxiety so wondering if I was hyperventilating.

[Image: WL6vmk3.png]

[Image: 7mbLuPI.png]

[Image: zJIZaKW.png]

[Image: uyFk5b7.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I increased the pressure by 1cm last night, here's the results:

[Image: 2tn6cqQ.png]

[Image: qYJf5BV.png]

[Image: GY8j7rj.png]

Not sure what to read into this really. Maybe I should try the VAuto mode instead of the "S" mode? Doesn't seem to really make any difference. I generally seem to be able to get good results according to the machine, but always wake up feeling tired :/

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Would increasing the pressure support range likely have any positive impact?
Post Reply Post Reply
Increasing pressure support is likely to increase the CA’s. Not all tiredness is caused by Sleep Apnoea your numbers look good, are you on any medication that could be messing with your sleep ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Wondering if I should actually try lower pressures. With IPAP of 12 I barely got any obstructive events by the looks of things. Not sure if its worth going much lower but at this point I feel like I just need to try things and hope I find a magic combination that doesnt make me feel horrible
Post Reply Post Reply
If you decide to change up or down, take it slow as in by steps of 1 cmH2O at the most. Remember you've got partial steps to use on the settings as well, AKA .2, .4, .6, .8. IMO you're probably closer than you think on having this right. Adjust 1 aspect and if it feels wrong and/or gives bad data results, then go back to the prior setting and try something different.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 128 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,530 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 464 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 286 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,027 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.