Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Am I getting the best from AirCurve 10 ASV?
RE: Am I getting the best from AirCurve 10 ASV?
The problem will resolve with a soft collar, but your settings only allow for an EPAP max of 9.0. It is the expiratory pressure that can potentially treat obstruction, so you may want to open that up to an EPAP max of 15.0. I don't really think that is your best solution, but it is an alternative.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Either EPAP or PS Max needs a loosening of the handcuffs. IPAP Max currently isn't enough to deal with your needs. My evidence is 2 fold, lots of flags and a maxed out pressure skipping along at the top during the event storm.

This is unless they're Positional Apnea clusters and the collar is the better answer then.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all, for your input.

Last night, upon advice, I set Max EPAP to 15.0 and experienced no unusual discomfort.  I think I slept well.  I will give that setup 2 or 3 more nights, see what happens and submit an OSCAR report at that time.

Meanwhile, I stumbled across this article about sleep, from the middle ages until now.

As professionals in the business of sleep care, I thought y'all might find this interesting reading.  Here is the link to the article from The Atlantic magazine.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv...ket-newtab

ATB

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I have been quiet for a while, doing some experimenting on my own.

Attached is a screenshot from last night, Tuesday, 2/8/2022.  I have been using a ResMed N30i nasal cradle mask with significant improvement over the F30i, changing nothing from my last post.  Results in that screenshot are representative of the 3 nights prior with the N30i.

The differences are obvious.  The same thing occurred when I used that mask on 1/14 -1/21.

Can anyone tell me why only the change of mask had such a significant difference from those graphs between using the F30i full face mask?

I am quite pleased with the ease of use and comfort of the N30i, and I feel great after a night sleeping with it.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Reference my previous post.

Sorry, I meant that I changed no SETTINGS, from my last post.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Does the full face mask pull back your jaw or press on parts of your face the nasal mask does not? Does the direct nasal pressure help overcome a nasal airflow resistance that the full face does not treat?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply, Sleeprider.   Thanks

The F30i does press on my cheeks a little, but that's all.  Actually, I would call the F30i a hybrid mask in that it does not cover the whole face, rather the top is very similar to the N30i, as it just fits under the nose and over the mouth  and the way it fits me in the nose area is very similar to the way the N30i  fits. The N30i, nasal cradle mask does not distort me or at all.  The turbinate reduction procedure that I had done has removed any restriction to air flow that I had before that procedure, that was responsible for starting this whole thing.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,500 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,354 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.