Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Am I on the right track?
Am I on the right track?
Hi, new PR DreamStation Auto CPAP user here. I just started therapy March 2 and I'm struggling a bit I guess. First off my home sleep test only had 1.3 hours of usable data and the AHI from that was 7.7. Since starting APAP (4-20 initially but now set at 6.5-20) I've only had 3 nights under 5 AHI and the others were 6.5-10.4. Attached is a screenshot from my best night last week and one from last night.

I think part of the problem is I've been struggling a bit to get my mask adjusted right and I think tonight will be better. I've got the Wisp nasal mask and have been trying to decide if the L or XL cushion is better - I just got the L headgear the other night and I think that will be best with the L cushion but not sure yet.

So my questions are how long should it take before I start getting consistently good sleep and any obvious suggestions here? I think I'm on the right track but just not sure and hoping for some validation or ideas.

Thanks!
alshayed

[attachment=4905]

[attachment=4903]

[attachment=4904]

PS - I've been avidly reading the forums and Wiki, thank you all for the depth of information here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Am I on the right track?
I think I'd set the minimum pressure up to 6cm. It would help with the Hypopneas and it should help you breathe better.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with Walla on the higher pressure, but the minimum needs to be 8.0 which will result in your Flex dropping pressure to near 6.0 (that lower green line on pressure). I'd rather see you on an Airsense 10 because the EPR works better with hypopnea, but we'll just deal with the Philips.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I upped to 5.5 the night before last and 6.5 last night. I'll try a bit higher.
Post Reply Post Reply
Getting results can be immediate for some, others may take some time. Having a good attitude is helpful. Take the advice here and keep working at it. The goal is good sleep every single night.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi alshayed,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys,

I'm hoping you can help. After a little over a year I'm still not completely satisfied with my therapy. Based on the AHI it looks pretty good most days, but I still don't have the energy that I had hoped. I'm getting by with armodafinil and coffee, but I want better.

Attached is some screenshots from last night, the detail is basically the 40 minutes before I woke up. Any thoughts? Am I just obsessing over nothing and need to give it more time?

Thanks!

PS - I have C-Flex turned on @ 1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have stumbled onto some undetected periodic breathing. It is not CSR as the gaps do not appear to be central. The question is how extensive is it. The other confirmation is do you have any heart or breathing issues other than the OSA?

What does it mean? I honestly don't know. Thus having you determine the extent and talking to your doctor.

I would look at zoomed views and calculate first the total time you see the pattern, and how many segments (not breaths) of the PB that you have and then bring it up with your doctor, take several screenshots to demonstrate the extent of it to your doctor. Also check other nights to see if this is an isolated occurrence. The PB could be drug induced.
I would consider taking your laptop with OSCAR into your doctor and show him there.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your Flex level set at? I see the machine is detecting a shorter expiration than inspiration time. This is extremely uncommon and usually an error by the machine that seems to result in poor inspiration/ expiration transitions. If you were on a Resmed, this would not be as likely to happen. If your Flex setting is 2 or 3 turn it down to 1.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider, I am using c-flex at level 1 as I found a-flex didn't agree with me nor did level 2&3. I haven't tried turning it off entirely lately. I've been thinking about possibly switching to a ResMed Autoset although the cost is a concern right now. But I was also reading another thread about UARS and was wondering if a bi-level might benefit me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information. BangkokBoy 8 943 07-17-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: rretamalt
  Device to track sleep position in OSCAR? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 463 01-07-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  Any products out there to track body positions? CorruptAlligator 12 1,559 10-26-2021, 12:01 AM
Last Post: S. Manz
  1st week on APAP down - Am I on the right track & flow restriction? HokiEd 8 1,196 10-21-2021, 09:04 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apple Watch Series 6 - Using to track SpO2 while sleeping? Sam R Squared 2 1,399 07-29-2021, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Coffee Man
  [Treatment] Am i on the right track? nickgritz 4 1,009 07-22-2019, 05:54 AM
Last Post: nickgritz
  Am I on the right track? Not feeling it yet. benseidler 33 5,818 01-29-2017, 12:33 AM
Last Post: vsheline

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.