Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Am i on the right track?
Am i on the right track?
Hi all , i was recently diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and was issued a recommendation for a CPAP machine by my doctor. 

i received a loaner from the sleep clinic and used that for 2 weeks. I actually felt like i was refreshed in the morning, a feeling which i have not felt in a long time. Felt so good , i bought my own machine. 

i have been using the Resmed autoset10 for a week now and would like to know if i am on the right track with setting. Please me know what you guys think.

Thank god for this forum. Great information! Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Am i on the right track?
Congratulations on such a great start! The experts can advise you about your pressure settings, but I just wanted to say you seem to be doing very well with your mask, which is sometimes half the battle, and you seem to be having unusually early benefits in your daytime wakefulness. Way to go!
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Nick. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Your numbers are just about perfect. So the two key questions now are:

1) How do you feel?
2) Are you comfortable?

If you're feeling rested and refreshed, and you're comfortable with the therapy, then things are looking good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2019, 08:00 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Congratulations on such a great start!  The  experts can advise you about your pressure settings, but I just wanted to say you seem to be doing very well with your mask, which is sometimes half the battle, and you seem to be having unusually early benefits in your daytime wakefulness. Way to go!

Thank you!
 i would have never believed that CPAP would work if i hadnt tried it myself. A few friends have been on a machine for years and swear by it.
i finally got around to getting a home sleep study done and i am so happy that i did. I had forgotten that feeling of waking up and not feeling like i only slept 5 minutes. Some night were better than others but overall  i always felt burned out.This had been going on for a few years. 

Is this just a honeymoon phase? i don`t know.. but for now, i will try to reap the benefits.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2019, 08:14 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Nick./ Welcome to Apnea Board.

Your numbers are just about perfect. So the two key questions now are:  

1)  How do you feel?
2) Are you comfortable?

If you're feeling rested and refreshed, and you're comfortable with the therapy, then things are looking good.

1 . I feel pretty good (actually , great!) i actually look forward to "going to bed" . :-)
2.  i am comfortable but like all of us , always looking for the best possible adjustment to the RESMED  to make my sleep nights even better. 

CONS:?

new nickname from the wife is : "DARTH VADER" ! .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information. BangkokBoy 8 913 07-17-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: rretamalt
  Device to track sleep position in OSCAR? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 452 01-07-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  Any products out there to track body positions? CorruptAlligator 12 1,519 10-26-2021, 12:01 AM
Last Post: S. Manz
  1st week on APAP down - Am I on the right track & flow restriction? HokiEd 8 1,175 10-21-2021, 09:04 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apple Watch Series 6 - Using to track SpO2 while sleeping? Sam R Squared 2 1,377 07-29-2021, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Coffee Man
  [Treatment] Am I on the right track? alshayed 33 4,429 07-04-2019, 06:20 PM
Last Post: alshayed
  Am I on the right track? Not feeling it yet. benseidler 33 5,785 01-29-2017, 12:33 AM
Last Post: vsheline

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.