Mask Make & Model: Resmed mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: epap 5 PS 3-8
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: the world hasn't always been flat

Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Any Advice
Hi Jaylea,
What kind of data are you getting from your other software? What are AHI's breakdowns, leak rates etc.Might be a good idea to download sleepyhead for detailed graphs.
Did you get copies of 5-6 pages of sleep reports? It may or may not be helpful but I found for me there was info that wasn't included in the 2nd one from the first one that turned out to be important. Layed out in sequence with the detailed data gave a bigger picture .Just a suggestion . Everyone is different.
I had a few beasts to tame but sleep walking and talking weren't one of them. Glad Dr is sending you for another study and to ENT.
All the best , keep us posted.
07-03-2015 07:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
masbirdies Offline

Members

Machine: Airsense 10
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: built in
CPAP Pressure: 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Newbie here, but....first 3 wks of therapy, I had a full face. Severe mouth breather so that is what was suggested. I was miserable.

The DME RT suggested a p10 and chin strap. I got immediate results! 3 nights of great results and waking refreshed.

I hope you find the secret sauce soon.
07-03-2015 11:20 AM
Inspired Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: resmed airsense 10 autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F & P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(06-30-2015 07:00 PM)Jaylea Wrote:  I am a 42 year old male with severe sleep apnea (82 episodes an hour), and I have been on a BiPaP machine for a year now. I am only able to wear the mask for about an hour or so a night, I wish it could be longer but I can't seem to do it. There are a number of issues that are affecting my usage of the mask.
First issue, I am a mouth breather and don't use my nose at all, my wife says it's a decoration. So I am forced to use a full face mask...which leads to my second issue, I am chlosterphobic and I find myself ripping off my mask in the night. I don't know that I am doing this as I am also a sleepwalker and sleeptalker. We have even gone to duct tapping the mask to my face so that I wake myself up when I rip it off. I wake up in the morning with the mask off and a ball of tape beside it.
The sleep doctor I see is at a lose as to what to do, I am scheduled for another sleep test but in the meantime it's a circus when I sleep.
Just curious if their is anyone out there that has heard of of done anything like this and could offer some suggestions.

Thank you in advance.[/font]
Maybe try a chinstrap. Consider some of the very lightweight, less "obnoxious" masks, like the Dreamwear under the nose nasal mask, and start off wearing it while sitting in your living room reading or watching TV for 15 minutes, increasing the time gradually each day over a week. Once you are wearing it for several hours, you will have adjusted to it.
The most important suggestion is POSITIVE thinking...consider the hardest thing you've ever done in your life, and think about how much easier this challenge is for you...YOU CAN DO IT.

Inspired
Bigwink
01-20-2016 06:36 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newbie - need advice on settings and machine tmc712 18 353 Yesterday 09:04 PM
Last Post: tmc712
  Need full face mask advice Bob32256 12 647 Yesterday 04:37 PM
Last Post: Zippo
  advice for diagnosis steps to take odoyle 14 536 12-05-2016 08:44 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Advice on transitioning from pillows to FFM? Strat0caster 8 234 12-02-2016 10:58 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  ADVICE ON THIS DATA Gazz 3 255 11-21-2016 11:13 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  new user wants advice Gazz 3 234 11-19-2016 11:06 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Advice needed for struggling CPAP user Fubblin 35 1,980 11-18-2016 07:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider