Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Any Advice
RE: Any Advice
Hi Jaylea,
What kind of data are you getting from your other software? What are AHI's breakdowns, leak rates etc.Might be a good idea to download sleepyhead for detailed graphs.
Did you get copies of 5-6 pages of sleep reports? It may or may not be helpful but I found for me there was info that wasn't included in the 2nd one from the first one that turned out to be important. Layed out in sequence with the detailed data gave a bigger picture .Just a suggestion . Everyone is different.
I had a few beasts to tame but sleep walking and talking weren't one of them. Glad Dr is sending you for another study and to ENT.
All the best , keep us posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Newbie here, but....first 3 wks of therapy, I had a full face. Severe mouth breather so that is what was suggested. I was miserable.

The DME RT suggested a p10 and chin strap. I got immediate results! 3 nights of great results and waking refreshed.

I hope you find the secret sauce soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2015, 07:00 PM)Jaylea Wrote: I am a 42 year old male with severe sleep apnea (82 episodes an hour), and I have been on a BiPaP machine for a year now. I am only able to wear the mask for about an hour or so a night, I wish it could be longer but I can't seem to do it. There are a number of issues that are affecting my usage of the mask.
First issue, I am a mouth breather and don't use my nose at all, my wife says it's a decoration. So I am forced to use a full face mask...which leads to my second issue, I am chlosterphobic and I find myself ripping off my mask in the night. I don't know that I am doing this as I am also a sleepwalker and sleeptalker. We have even gone to duct tapping the mask to my face so that I wake myself up when I rip it off. I wake up in the morning with the mask off and a ball of tape beside it.
The sleep doctor I see is at a lose as to what to do, I am scheduled for another sleep test but in the meantime it's a circus when I sleep.
Just curious if their is anyone out there that has heard of of done anything like this and could offer some suggestions.

Thank you in advance.[/font]
Maybe try a chinstrap. Consider some of the very lightweight, less "obnoxious" masks, like the Dreamwear under the nose nasal mask, and start off wearing it while sitting in your living room reading or watching TV for 15 minutes, increasing the time gradually each day over a week. Once you are wearing it for several hours, you will have adjusted to it.
The most important suggestion is POSITIVE thinking...consider the hardest thing you've ever done in your life, and think about how much easier this challenge is for you...YOU CAN DO IT.
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 45 1,844 33 minutes ago
Last Post: Uzupan
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 306 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 182 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 809 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.