Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RIP Quattro FX
RIP Quattro FX
Talking with my doc’s office today and they told me that Resmed is discontinuing my favorite mask, the Quattro FX, next March. Immediately I felt sorry I called!!

Time to go into the loss process ‘cause it’ll take me months to find its successor. I tried two F&P full face masks - they tore up the bridge of my nose. Tried a Resmed nasal pillow and couldn’t get it to seal. That said, I see the nasal pillow in my future, though I’ll have to travel to get the right one/right fit. 

How many Quattro FX fans out there?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RIP Quattro FX
It's my choice too. I was told of the discontinuation a couple of years ago and, since then, have relied on a stock of cushions and headgear I bought upon hearing the news.

Like you, I have tried other masks, Resmed alternatives in my case. I liked the quieter venting but found the stiffer material used for the silicon cushions insufficiently pliable and thus prone to leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to use the Quatro FX and went over to the F20 FFM and have been quite happy. It does stink anytime anyone discontinues a product, no matter what it is, that you like and use.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am looking at options and am wondering if the Airsense 10/11 devices are compatible with a Fisher & Paykel Evora full face mask? Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
>>> wondering if the Airsense 10/11 devices are compatible with a Fisher & Paykel Evora full face mask

It's not a problem. All hose connector ends have been standardised, so any mask can work with any machine.

It's the heated hoses which only fit on their designed machine.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quattro FX full face mask? Wayne41 5 406 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Wayne41
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 513 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  Mirage Quattro Headgear GidgeMo 0 567 11-14-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: GidgeMo
  Mirage Quattro Sizes tulip0852 5 955 10-15-2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Full Face Mask - Resmed Mirage Quattro vs F20 struts 5 6,741 07-31-2020, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Quick question - Quattro Air v F20 DeepBreathing 2 1,004 01-11-2020, 03:12 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  help humidity in quattro FX full face paul thomas condon 4 1,780 06-09-2019, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Melman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.