Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Can cpap help me?
RE: Can cpap help me?
1. your breathing slowed down and then sped up to its previous pace, perhaps with a very minor bit of snoring.

2. very minor periodic breathing

3. nothing to worry about, most CPAP users would be totally elated to have your charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo, I am sorry, I should have expressed myself more clearly: My SVT episodes aren't triggered during a workout, but in the following night. Over the last 12 years it has just gotten worse, no matter what I tried. Last summer even brisk walking started to give me episodes. One cardiologist prescribed betablockers, which didn't help at all. There are other treatment options (ablation and other medication), but I think (hope?) that my poor sleep is majorly contributing to the arrhythmias, so I want to fix that first.

Bonjour, thank you! That makes me much more comfortable going forward with the therapy.
So my goal now is wearing the mask+collar for the whole night. Will need to make a few adjustments to feel more comfortable.

I really appreciate all of your answers. You guys are so supportive. I'm glad I made this thread. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2019, 07:25 AM)Noripterus Wrote: So after finding this forum I decided to self-treat. I bought a Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto per Barry Krakows recommendation a few weeks ago.

Just out of curiosity, how did you purchase a machine?  I thought you needed a prescription?
Post Reply Post Reply
Likely different areas of the world have different medical device purchase requirements. Just a guess.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 05:47 AM)Noripterus Wrote: Dormeo, I am sorry, I should have expressed myself more clearly: My SVT episodes aren't triggered during a workout, but in the following night. Over the last 12 years it has just gotten worse, no matter what I tried. Last summer even brisk walking started to give me episodes. One cardiologist prescribed betablockers, which didn't help at all. There are other treatment options (ablation and other medication), but I think (hope?) that my poor sleep is majorly contributing to the arrhythmias, so I want to fix that first.

That sounds exactly like ME/CFS, the bolded part is a variance of a symptom called post exertional malaise. 
Bad news, no diagnostic tools yet. Good news it is not psychosomatic. Unfortunately you will have very little luck getting a diagnosis, and if you do get one miraculously, there is no treatment, only management.

If you have any other questions pm me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to give a short update: I’m still increasing pressure bit by bit (15-17 right now). No real difference in sleep quality yet. I will continue maybe up to 17-20; if I don’t see any benefits I will try to find a lab with PES testing.
Post Reply Post Reply
What issue are you trying to address with increases in your pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope I can treat my RERAs that way. I also still have a very small amount of remaining "real" (non-awake) apneas. 

I attached the last two nights.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Under AHI of 5 is medically treated, under 1.0 is excellent. Now it's a matter of "how do you feel?". Great numbers lose their greatness if you're still not feeling well. I do know the negative effects of prior untreated apnea will take to be felt.

Coffee To your success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, thank you. As you say, numbers don't really matter for me anymore.

As far as I know there are at least two point of views regarding the use of CPAP for treatment of UARS. The first one is to titrate until there are no more respiratory related arousals (measured per EEG) (that's what Stanford seems to be doing) and the other one, Krakow's view is to aggressively round out inspiratory airflow cruves.
But besides theory, there are a few people on the internet who have seen success by increasing their pressure way above the one that was needed to treat their apneas.

I have have frequent arousals. At least that's what my recordings look like. My flow curves are not fully rounded.

I am surely grasping at straws here and welcome any input.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.