Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Can someone help me understand these statistics from OSCAR?
Question 
Can someone help me understand these statistics from OSCAR?
        I'm glad to have discovered this forum from a group on Facebook! 

So, I recently downloaded the OSCAR software to see my statistics for my CPAP usage. I'm unsure how to read any of this. When I was diagnosed, it was right at the beginning of all of this COVID-19 stuff so my doctor has been less than helpful and I've pretty much been on my own. I do, however, have an auto-adjust CPAP machine with a full nasal mask that I use. Attached is a snip of the statistics for monthly usage. 

Thank you all for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone help me understand these statistics from OSCAR?
Can you post a screenshot of the daily graph so we can see the detailed data
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone help me understand these statistics from OSCAR?
Welcome to the forum. Your statistics show that your apnea is not well treated at the current machine settings. Your apnea hypopnea index (AHI) is fluctuating between 4.72 and 6.17 in May and June. It should be below 5 consistently. Your main problem is hypopnea. You also have some RERA (respiratory effort related arousals) which disturb your sleep. It would be helpful to see one or more daily charts. It's hard to tell much from the statistics page. See the links below for instructions on how to organize and post daily charts. With more detailed we will be able to advise with respect to optimal settings.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 88 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 271 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 982 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka
Question [CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data 3dkid14 0 254 01-18-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 3dkid14
  Understanding OSCAR statistics GusHauck 13 686 11-30-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Help to understand results, please Olis001 5 426 11-30-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.