Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Case Presentation
RE: Case Presentation
By the numbers, the Obstructive Apnea and Hypopnea are the only ones that are higher, but seem to still be within the treated range. I would not know if adjusting anything makes the therapy any better.

As for the other machines question, yes actually, if you are able to trade or otherwise get the ResMed AutoSet, that would boost your therapy and comfort to another, much better level. This AutoSet has a setting called EPR that you will very likely benefit from. EPR is Exhale Pressure Relief, so it's a comfort setting that reduces pressure on exhalations by 1-3 cmH20. But there is value with EPR to add to therapy to make it better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SarcasticDave
I will give you a thought
With the numbers that I have I understand that a vilebel or bipap machine is not necessary and on the other hand the AFLEX of dreamstation is different from the EPR of resmed? Huh

Thanks for your time
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't seen indications of BiLevel need. Yes there's several differences between Flex and EPR.

Respironics Flex seems hit or miss on being effective, and is based on unknown seemingly arbitrary settings. On the other side, EPR is Pressure Support in reverse, as it reduces pressures on exhale. It is known to operate in actual cmH20 settings of 1, 2, or 3, so it drops pressure exactly based on those settings. It is therapy enhancing to most that use it as well as added comfort. I admit I have never used either, because my therapy needs are well above either. I am basing my comments from other users. The EPR will win the contest in every comparison based on the comments.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Increase min pressure to 12
on the periodic breathing, post a couple of 5 minute segments and one 2-minute segment showing this. This will give us a better idea of what is going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sarcastic: thanks for sharing your opinion

Bonjour: thank you for taking the time, I think that these attached shots can cast a little light in the eyes of a great expert like you
If you consider any other information necessary, please do not hesitate to tell me

Best regards to all

Sarcastic: thanks for sharing your opinion

Bonjour: thank you for taking the time, I think that these attached shots can cast a little light in the eyes of a great expert like you
If you consider any other information necessary, please do not hesitate to tell me

Best regards to all

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That periodic breathing pattern is indictitive of a CO2 induced waxing and waning but is also clearly not CSR.
Post Reply Post Reply
excuse my ignorance I don't know exactly what CSR means
If you would have the patience and kindness to explain it to me
I would be very grateful

I attach another graphic in case it helps

thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2020, 01:29 PM)chergan Wrote: excuse my ignorance I don't know exactly what CSR means
If you would have the patience and kindness to explain it to me
I would be very grateful

CSR = Cheyne–Stokes respiration

Definition here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...espiration

Also, other sleep apnea acronyms here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Acronyms

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
CSR = Cheyne Stokes Respiration, it has a fairly tight corelation to CHF or Congestive Heart Failure. When we see it we recommend the user contact his cardiologist, sleep doctor, and personal doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Super sleeper Thank you very much for the information I will study it

In any case, allow me the license to tell you that in almost all professional areas of life we tend to put only initials to reduce writing and I take it for granted that everyone who reads it understands it and there are many times that it is not the case
I always remember a math teacher when I was in college, he would say the phrase of this is obvious and it goes without saying and we would say in a low voice yeah for you.
I do not comment on anything in economic or medical jargon etc etc

Bonjour: among other things that is my priority fear, because I have ischemic heart disease in addition to a pacemaker and among my priorities is visiting my cardiologist to comment on the case but because of the covid-19 everything is delayed

Hopefully everything will normalize because I think that we are going to have to get used to living with the virus

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Greetings
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 warranty case labrat 3 191 03-21-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  UPS Battery Backup for CPAP in case of power outage puterwiz82 3 1,685 09-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Br1sleep
  How do I make the case for BPAP? SleepingFish 18 1,294 08-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Does it make a sense to get a CPAP in my case? SidWilliams 1 512 05-16-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  SleepHQ in case you're interested David Clark 17 4,701 09-17-2022, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Resmed H5i S9 how to dismantle case - power supply error kermit43 9 1,416 05-28-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: vk3hjq
  Mysterious case of apnea privateuser01 8 1,234 05-09-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.