Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Cholraj's CPAP Therapy Thread + Oscar data review
RE: Cholraj's CPAP Therapy Thread + Oscar data review
Hello again Cholraj.  Your therapy looks great IMO.  The only possible thing I see is a little lower than normal tidal volume, but everything else looks great.  Your AHI is good.  

1. and 2.  You say you are waking up to adjust your mask.  You may need a different size mask or possibly a different kind in the future (if the mask is the only thing waking you up.  I simple fix would be to purchase some mask straps one size smaller than you have so you don't have to wake up and tighten them to avoid leaks.  Somel suppliers in the suppliers list here give a 30 day mask trial period if you choose to try another mask in the future.  Supplier #1 is one of them.  

3.  Your results look very good.  You could possibly be suffering from a separate medical condition that is draining your energy.  

4.  Your therapy looks great.  I would not adjust anything personally.  You can if you want to though.  Your choice.  

Uploading your OSCAR data here lets everyone who reads your post see the charts.  This is best IMO.  Anyone who sees anything that can help you can post if they want.  

Let your Dr. or Sleep Dr. know that even though everything looks good as far as your PAP therapy is concerned, you still don't feel that well.   Maybe mention it to your PCP also.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can Choraj, try to look at your sleep study.  Look at your SPO2 levels (% of oxygen in your blood).  If they are normal, that is good.  Normal is usually around 95 or so average for the entire night.  Some dips into the low 90's are acceptable.  When dips start falling below 90, they are more concerning and may need further treatment.  If they were low during your sleep study, you might want to purchase an oximeter to check your blood oxygen levels during sleep.  There have been a few members here who have good PAP therapy, but have low SPO2 levels (which can cause fatigue).  You can even get a copy of your sleep study, redact all personal information, and upload it here for everyone to look.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2023, 10:16 AM)Jay51 Wrote: 1. and 2.  You say you are waking up to adjust your mask.  You may need a different size mask or possibly a different kind in the future (if the mask is the only thing waking you up.  I simple fix would be to purchase some mask straps one size smaller than you have so you don't have to wake up and tighten them to avoid leaks.  Somel suppliers in the suppliers list here give a 30 day mask trial period if you choose to try another mask in the future.  Supplier #1 is one of them.  

Thank you Jay, I tightened my mask further and the lead issue got resolved. I guess I need to keep tightening it to ensure good seal. Let me speak to my doctor regarding this, Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2023, 10:32 AM)Jay51 Wrote: If you can Choraj, try to look at your sleep study.  Look at your SPO2 levels (% of oxygen in your blood).  If they are normal, that is good.  Normal is usually around 95 or so average for the entire night.  Some dips into the low 90's are acceptable.  When dips start falling below 90, they are more concerning and may need further treatment.  If they were low during your sleep study, you might want to purchase an oximeter to check your blood oxygen levels during sleep.  There have been a few members here who have good PAP therapy, but have low SPO2 levels (which can cause fatigue).  You can even get a copy of your sleep study, redact all personal information, and upload it here for everyone to look.

For Sleep study, mine is a bit dated - ard 12 months old. Will that help? 

For SPO2 - I can wear my apple watch and gain insights. I dont have an SPO2 monitor, will that be ok?
Post Reply Post Reply
That would be fine Cholraj.  The sleep study will show how well your SPO2 levels were during the polysomnography.  You can try your Apple Watch to record a night's data.  If your SPO2 levels are normal - 1.  they average around 95 or so for the entire night's sleep; and 2.  don't have any dips below 90; then that is probably ok.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 23 474 6 hours ago
Last Post: Dalemazkour
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,032 Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger
  [Pressure] interpreting OSCAR data NicoFR 31 2,118 04-25-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NicoFR
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,833 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 82 04-25-2024, 02:30 AM
Last Post: secunix
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 250 04-24-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data user357 2 148 04-24-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: user357

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.