Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Coconut Oil Remedy
RE: Coconut Oil Remedy
Hi Louis R,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm glad you have found something that has helped you.
I know Coconut oile is very good for you.
Much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Anecdotes are not evidence.

Show me a double blind study published in a respected peer reviewed journal please.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Anecdotes are not evidence... It's good enough for ALGORE!

Coconut oil is the best high temperature frying oil. It's smoke point is high; and it doesn't change into some unknown substance like canola oil.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is good; but not for cooking. Save it for salad dressing.

Grass fed butter has Vitamin K2. K2 is needed along with D3 and Calcium to build/preserve bone health.

(K1 is the one that effects clotting factors.)

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 03:14 PM)justMongo Wrote: Anecdotes are not evidence... It's good enough for ALGORE!

Actually Al Gore cited plenty of evidence and the evidence keeps coming in to back him up even more strongly, if you're making a reference to climate change. And if you are, why are you? What is it's relevance?

Quote:Coconut oil is the best high temperature frying oil. It's smoke point is high; and it doesn't change into some unknown substance like canola oil.

Coconut oil is a saturated fat with a high smoke point. It's better to fry with that kind of fat if you are going to fry at all, but really we shouldn't be frying anyway if we obsessive about about our health and diet. Personally I do eat fried foods.

Canola does not Change into "some unknown substance". It decays under too much heat into very well known substances, like any other oil.

Quote:Extra Virgin Olive Oil is good; but not for cooking. Save it for salad dressing.

I much prefer other dressings on my salad, thanks.

Quote:Grass fed butter has Vitamin K2.

So what? What evidence is there that Vitamin K2 has anything to do with apnea? I eat butter. Butter along with other fats is high and calories and if eaten in excess contributes to obesity, which definitely is one of the causal factors of Apnea. It is also delicious.

[/quote] K2 is needed along with D3 and Calcium to build/preserve bone health.

(K1 is the one that effects clotting factors.)
[/quote]

None of which has anything to do with sleep apnea.

You aren't citing any evidence at all. Yet you are making some very big claims. Strong claims require strong evidence.

I used Coconut oil for frying for awhile. Butter is cheaper and tastes better. The absolute safest oil for deep frying is probably beef tallow.

You seem to be trying to cloud this issue. Where's the evidence for your claims in this and other threads that coconut oil is good (let alone curative) for sleep apnea?
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Let's keep this polite and civil or this thread will be closed. Understood?

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 11:09 AM)Louis R. Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 10:28 AM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: That's interesting. I can't see it curing a real case of apnea. I can see it helping with blood sugar swings, since it converts more steadily.

I make coconut oil cubes. Fill up a silicone mold that holds about a dozen tbsp. size cubes and stick it in the fridge (not the freezer - since it solidifies below 75 degrees). Pop them out of the mold and keep in a covered bowl. People who don't like the straight oil often prefer the cube method.

Believe me I have been cured of my sleep apnea. The doctors said that is what I had. If you read my original post that explains the symptoms... and there's more too I just was condensing the problem.

If you have been cured of OSA, that is great. I am curious how that determination of you being cured came about. Did you have a sleep study to confirm you no longer have OSA? How was that determined?

Learning what I have about OSA, I would have never thought that too many would ever be cured from OSA. I once met someone that was extremely overweight at one point in his life and was being treated for OSA. Let me clarify that being overweight does not mean one will have OSA as we all know or should know that many thin or average people have OSA. At any rate, this gentleman had bariatric surgery and lost a lot of weight and said he no longer has OSA. It can and probably does happen but for me to accept that, I would expect that a sleep study would be done to determine that the person no longer has OSA. Otherwise, it is purely speculation.

I am NOT arguing that you have not been cured. I am specifically asking you how your cure was determined.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 04:59 PM)me50 Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 11:09 AM)Louis R. Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 10:28 AM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: That's interesting. I can't see it curing a real case of apnea. I can see it helping with blood sugar swings, since it converts more steadily.

I make coconut oil cubes. Fill up a silicone mold that holds about a dozen tbsp. size cubes and stick it in the fridge (not the freezer - since it solidifies below 75 degrees). Pop them out of the mold and keep in a covered bowl. People who don't like the straight oil often prefer the cube method.

Believe me I have been cured of my sleep apnea. The doctors said that is what I had. If you read my original post that explains the symptoms... and there's more too I just was condensing the problem.

If you have been cured of OSA, that is great. I am curious how that determination of you being cured came about. Did you have a sleep study to confirm you no longer have OSA? How was that determined?

Learning what I have about OSA, I would have never thought that too many would ever be cured from OSA. I once met someone that was extremely overweight at one point in his life and was being treated for OSA. Let me clarify that being overweight does not mean one will have OSA as we all know or should know that many thin or average people have OSA. At any rate, this gentleman had bariatric surgery and lost a lot of weight and said he no longer has OSA. It can and probably does happen but for me to accept that, I would expect that a sleep study would be done to determine that the person no longer has OSA. Otherwise, it is purely speculation.

I am NOT arguing that you have not been cured. I am specifically asking you how your cure was determined.

Thank you.

I am glad it has worked for you. I have been cooking with and using coconut oil for a long time and have not been that lucky. CONGRATULATIONS on your miraculous healing!

I have heard doctors claim that a vitamin D deficiency could be at the root of it all if your range is below 60.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a vitamin d deficiency most of the year
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 05:17 PM)Mich Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 04:59 PM)me50 Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 11:09 AM)Louis R. Wrote: Believe me I have been cured of my sleep apnea. The doctors said that is what I had. If you read my original post that explains the symptoms... and there's more too I just was condensing the problem.

Thank you.

I am glad it has worked for you. I have been cooking with and using coconut oil for a long time and have not been that lucky. CONGRATULATIONS on your miraculous healing!

I have heard doctors claim that a vitamin D deficiency could be at the root of it all if your range is below 60.

Hey Mitch,
I'm responding for my husband who has exceeded the times he can respond to posts. I would also like to address some of the sarcastic skeptics on the issue.
I was the one that suggested my husband try the coconut oil as a preventive method for Alzheimer's due to a research by a professor from a medical school for her husband. We also researched it through WebMD and found that it was good for many maladies. The fact that my husband has been sleeping soundly throughout the night has been an unexpected side effect of the coconut oil. He has stopped snoring loudly, breathing better and therefore getting a good REM sleep. He is energetic and invigorated in the mornings due to a good night's sleep. Since this is a recent experience, there haven't been any medical studies, doctor's consults or peer reviewed journals he can provide. He is just a guy that's experiencing something great and wanted to share it with others out there that may want to try it. You've got nothing to lose and lots to gain. That is all!

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 07:12 PM)MyraR Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 05:17 PM)Mich Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 04:59 PM)me50 Wrote: If you have been cured of OSA, that is great. I am curious how that determination of you being cured came about. Did you have a sleep study to confirm you no longer have OSA? How was that determined?

Thank you.

Hey Mitch,
I'm responding for my husband who has exceeded the times he can respond to posts. I would also like to address some of the sarcastic skeptics on the issue.
I was the one that suggested my husband try the coconut oil as a preventive method for Alzheimer's due to a research by a professor from a medical school for her husband. We also researched it through WebMD and found that it was good for many maladies. The fact that my husband has been sleeping soundly throughout the night has been an unexpected side effect of the coconut oil. He has stopped snoring loudly, breathing better and therefore getting a good REM sleep. He is energetic and invigorated in the mornings due to a good night's sleep. Since this is a recent experience, there haven't been any medical studies, doctor's consults or peer reviewed journals he can provide. He is just a guy that's experiencing something great and wanted to share it with others out there that may want to try it. You've got nothing to lose and lots to gain. That is all!

Hi Louis,

I am sorry you thought I was being sarcastic. I was not. Like I said, I use it, some people claim it helps with Alzheimer's. When my husband was diagnosed with cancer (he is now in remission), I read all I could on fighting cancer with nutrition, and other than the sleep apnea I have no other medical problems, no hypertension, no cholesterol, no diabetes, no obesity. So I perhaps owe my health to his facing a major battle. I do appreciate your sharing it, I wish it worked the same for me. I do sincerely hope it continues to work for him. Best regards!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 139 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Remedy for red marks from mask? kderevan 15 2,203 12-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Dream wear mask vs remedy p10 mask Novello1234 4 2,031 06-17-2017, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Coconut Oil for Nasal Dryness? rx77310 10 7,683 08-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Last Post: me50
  Update from the coconut oil guy Louis R. 13 5,747 07-25-2015, 04:40 PM
Last Post: TyroneShoes
  Remedy for mouth dropping open? Jim Bronson 16 7,007 01-13-2015, 05:44 AM
Last Post: Timotheus
  Coconut oil in mask wipes Itsadryheat 14 8,020 02-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Last Post: JWR

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.