Mask Make & Model: ResMed F10
Humidifier: autoset for her
CPAP Pressure: 4-6
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: Need to breathe....Having a hard time adjusting to CPAP

Sex: Female

RE: Coconut Oil Remedy
Hello Louis R
I hate my CPAP and my apnea is very minimal but my oxygen level went down to 81% during my 1st sleep test. They think the cpap is the answer. I have been using coconut oil for a few years now. My Doc (nutritional PhD) has me on 2Tbl / day but sometimes I only have 1, but I guess I should have that other one before bed. I also use it for oil pulling. I have also been diagnosed with epilepsy and the meds I'm on (I think) make me sleepy. One medication I have seen could also cause oxygen desaturation. My Doc (nutritional PhD) recommended I use hydrogen peroxide in a cool mist vaporizer at night but my husband hates any noise including the cpap. I haven't seen any vaporizers that claim to be silent. I use to have HBP too but that is gone - I think more from Vit D. Natural methods are better...thanks for sharing.
Exhale
PS Swanson has a great EVCO and not expensive.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away.
"
Hillary Cooper
07-24-2015 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Louis R. Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Respironics REMstar Auto A-flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 4 - 8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Coconut Oil Remedy
(07-24-2015 01:08 PM)Exhale Wrote:  Hello Louis R
I hate my CPAP and my apnea is very minimal but my oxygen level went down to 81% during my 1st sleep test. They think the cpap is the answer. I have been using coconut oil for a few years now. My Doc (nutritional PhD) has me on 2Tbl / day but sometimes I only have 1, but I guess I should have that other one before bed. I also use it for oil pulling. I have also been diagnosed with epilepsy and the meds I'm on (I think) make me sleepy. One medication I have seen could also cause oxygen desaturation. My Doc (nutritional PhD) recommended I use hydrogen peroxide in a cool mist vaporizer at night but my husband hates any noise including the cpap. I haven't seen any vaporizers that claim to be silent. I use to have HBP too but that is gone - I think more from Vit D. Natural methods are better...thanks for sharing.
Exhale
PS Swanson has a great EVCO and not expensive.
Hi Exhale,
Your issues seem to be quite different from mine, but as for VCO and what benefits it has... I firmly believe that it is a natural medicine for some people. Interesting that you had it prescribed to you by a nutritional PhD. Believe me I'm not one to fall for crazy potions or trendy new sales pitches. Last year I purchased a bottle of Raspberry Ketone pills and found that it does absolutely nothing (too me). But VCO did produce a profound improvement to my OSA symptoms but only for about a month... if you read the posts here you can see what I mean.
However, the oil does not clear the obstruction in our airways when we sleep so I'm now a CPAP user (again) for one day. I'm still taking the VCO (1 TBS) mostly before sleeping... it seems to work sort of like a sleeping pill for me. And as for the CPAP machine... I really hope that it works for me cause I have a lot to accomplish in my 60's, and 70's and hopefully passed that.
Thank you for your post.
LOUIS
07-24-2015 02:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Coconut Oil for Nasal Dryness? rx77310 10 2,145 08-08-2015 11:45 AM
Last Post: me50
  Update from the coconut oil guy Louis R. 13 2,825 07-25-2015 04:40 PM
Last Post: TyroneShoes
  Remedy for mouth dropping open? Jim Bronson 16 3,996 01-13-2015 05:44 AM
Last Post: Timotheus