Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Need feedback on provider issue plz
Need feedback on provider issue plz
I am an airsense 10 user and started with s9 before that. Been on cpap effectively for 8+ years. I cannot explain it but I have never had a machine last more than 1.5 years before having either heating element or motor issues. Present provider is giving me a hassle since my latest unit which was a replacement for a previous faulty heating element issue has just started malfunctioning with a bad motor after 15 months. New RT(replaced the nice guy) is an old battle ax who was arguing with me from the get go about replacing unit under warranty yet again. So the sneak finally gave me a replacement after much attitude and after she finally heard the whistling and whining of the motor which only started a few minutes after running and warming up. Here's where I am truly annoyed, got home and checked "about" section; the damn thing is 1388 hours old! SHe, of course, did not tell me that! She didn't tell me anything about the replacement actually. We just tested it and it seemed fine. Am i crazy thinking this is totally unacceptable?! I am so irate right now. Last replacement was about 20 hrs old and I was fine with that. This one, especially in the age of Covid, is not at all acceptable to me. Of course I purchased my original unit new on Medicare and my replacements have all been within 2 year warranty. I am beyond angry right now she didn't even tell me the machine was old! What recourse do I have? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need feedback on provider issue plz
I think that providing a functional used replacement is fairly common practice for DMEs, and it really depends on the agreement they have with your insurance provider. That is the first place I would start to determine accepted practice for machine replacement under warranty. There may also be condition under the original purchase agreement.

A machine with 1388 hours represents about 6 to 7 months of use, so you certainly received a machine with fewer hours, and you indicate it is functional. If you want to pursue it further, then you can complain about the hours on the machine and they should reply with their policy on that matter. More than one member has received a new machine after calling out a supplier on a used one. They assume their clients have no knowledge about accessing run hours.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd agree about your only recourse is to bring up the issue again that it has hours on it. But read your supplier info to see if there's any policy how they handle warranty issues. There may be a clue on whether or not your complaint is successful or not.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In this age of Covid... I would not accept a used machine. That's just me...

I just had my ResMed machine replaced for a whinny sound with every breath I took.

I asked my provider (Lincare) if ResMed was repairing or replacing this unit? He told me that ResMed wants the machine back, but in his experience, they replace with a new unit. He said that he's not seen ResMed replace with a used machine.

Now that's not to say that a Provider/DME might give you a used replacement from their stock.

BTW, I did receive a brand new zero hour unit. Works great, no whinny sound!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife recently went on cpap and the DME told her because of COVID only new machines are given out now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 235 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.