Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Compliance good after 1 week, but sleep is now worse than at beginning
RE: Compliance good after 1 week, but sleep is now worse than at beginning
[attachment=28075 Wrote:Crimson Nape pid='373311' dateline='1605112618'][attachment=28075]The ramp isn't doing you any favors.  I recommend that you turn it off.  Your flow limits look positional. This is probably caused by sleeping on your back.  If you are not sleeping on your back, then it is from chin tucking.  The options for this are, sleep on your side and/or increase your pressure range to 10-14 with an EPR of 3 -Full time.  If you still experience the OA's and hypopneas, consider purchasing a soft cervical collar.  

Here is a Wiki article to help understand the soft cervical collar (SCC):  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

Good luck!

(11-11-2020, 12:46 PM)staceyburke Wrote: While using the ramp you are really NOT on therapy. In your case you started then stopped in 45 minutes then started again so over an hour of our therapy.  I agree turn off the ramp

Here is the update : definitely, the pressure feels better for me, especially at 10, even to fall asleep.

But AHI increased and some weird things happened last night. I do believe it might be linked to my sleep position like you said, so I will try to invest to a cervical collar, but I would like to post my results nonetheless :

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Weirdly enough, 

I fell back asleep for 3 hours, and I actually feel better today with higher AHI than yesterday with a lower one.
Might be that the higher pressure is getting more rid of UARS despite more AHI ?

Thanks for the help, really informative and educational
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe it is a European thing, but I do not know what User flag 1 and User flag 2 are.  There are 2 categories that show up on the bottom of my flags.  The first is a snoring event and the 2nd is associated with movement of the hose and mean nothing for therapy.  If your user flag 2 is the same then your numbers are much better than reported.  As far as chin tucking (positional apnea) I did not see much at all and not a worry.  Again, for my information what are the user flag1 and flag2??

Huh
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The UF1 and UF2 are user flags that are set in the Preferences ⇾ CPAP options.  Their reporting criteria are values below those of an actual normally defined event.  Usually a person would turn them on if there isn't any actual events being listed and you are still not feeling good.  (Simple answer).   The labels of, UF1 and UF2, can be changed to a more descriptive nomenclature in the Preferences ⇾ Events tab, under the LABEL column. Since restriction percent and duration can be changed by the user, it is highly recommended modifying the label to reflect the parameters that are being flagged.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you regain CPAP coverage after failing compliance the first time? dharma2255 5 160 7 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 74 Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 101 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 197 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 141 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 10 384 04-07-2024, 03:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 212 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.