Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Cpap data after 2 months, still getting UARS?
Cpap data after 2 months, still getting UARS?
Hi, I am new to this board. I was wondering if anyone could help interpret my data for the last 3 days. I am using Resmed 10 APAP with Airtouch F20 mask.

From what I can tell, I have a bunch of flow limitations and my AHI goes up in the morning. My doctor originally said I have UARS which seemed to become sleep apnea, and I've been using CPAP off and on for a few years. Recently I've been using it for 2 months straight and it seems to make me sleep better, but I don't feel like it's working fully.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap data after 2 months, still getting UARS?
I'll chime in here since there are no replies.

If this were me, I would focus first and foremost on those leaks. Interesting how your leaks come on the downslope of pressure increases, I've seen the same thing in my data. Have you tried higher fixed pressure to see if that does something for your leaks? Seems like they might be leading to arousals.

Also, I am curious why your EPR is only 1. Have you tried different EPR settings?

I am chasing down UARS myself, and I have had to build up to MUCH higher pressures than my original sleep study titration (14 vs 8). EPR has been really helpful here (in fact, my next move is to an Aircurve to see if I can make further progress).

Anyhow, hope that is some measure of help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’d try bumping EPR to 3. That should help with flow limitation, which might indirectly help with the leaks too.
Post Reply Post Reply
My 2 cents; It appears that the pressure is pretty well dialed in.  Since the OP is experiencing CAs at an EPR of 1, and the flow limits are only .04 at the 95%-tile, I'd leave well enough alone.  The large leaks, CAs, and OAs seem to be caused by a positional orientation and should be addressed.  This could be as simple as allowing the pillow to act as an additional pressure on the mask's seal.  This can be achieved by simply turning your head a little more in the direction of the pillow.  Remember, you are being supplied air via the CPAP, and this will not obstruct your breathing.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 10 381 13 minutes ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,120 Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,336 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,152 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 263 04-15-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 154 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 233 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.