Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Events per hour going up and down?
Events per hour going up and down?
Hi!

I have been on BIPAP for almost 5 years.  Is it normal to see the events per hour fluctuate from night to night?  I use a Resmed Aircurve 10.  I just recently had my pressure increased.  In addition, does anyone know what to do with a Resmed S8 Auto 25 with humidifier, case USB data adapter (no need for a card). The machine only has 200hrs on it.  Take Care

George
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Events per hour going up and down?
It is normal for the events per hour to fluctuate from night to night. As long as the AHI number stays below 5 you are considered treated. With respect to your old machine, please be aware that the forum cannot be used to advertise the sale of or facilitate the transfer of the machine as it is a prescription required item.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
George, it is completely normal for events to fluctuate. If you want help interpreting events and possibly mitigating, just post some Sleepyhead charts. You cannot sell on Apnea Board by rules, but Supplier#2 buys older machines with low hours for resale,or you can try Craigslist. I'm puzzled why it has such low hours when you apparently just got the 10 series.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi!

The S8 was from a company that went out.  I got switched to something else and the insurance bought a new machine.  My 10 has over 4,000 hrs.on it.  I wish Resmed would add a manual data upload option.  I tried to find a e mail for them but could not.  I did find out that if you have the optional delete plate for the humidifier (if your not using humidification) that you can still adjust tube temperature.  Kinda nice when you want to warm the air without humidification.  

George
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a SD card in your Aircurve 10? I'm not following what you mean by manual data upload. The best data is from the use of #Sleepyhead and uploading data manually from the SD card.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi!

Manual upload to My Air through the cell modem.  For example, You are on a trip and you have to pack your machine up.  I think it would be nice to manually upload the data instead of waiting an hour after therapy.

George
Post Reply Post Reply
My Air doesn't supply enough info to effectively manage therapy.  It's (I believe) intended to provide a goal to encourage use of CPAP.  Seems they haven't invented a way for a CPAP to provide effective therapy from the closet shelf.

sleepyhead would allow very detailed analysis and possibly allow the suggestion of modifying settings to reduce your events.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daytime events huge spike liz0859 0 19 1 hour ago
Last Post: liz0859
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 329 04-22-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 216 04-22-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 107 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,448 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 230 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 126 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.