Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dream Ally
Dream Ally
Some nights I have these long drawn out dreams that can be amazing, how real and vivid they are, like an adventure. Dreams of my Mom who I use to take care of before her passing, like she is still alive. Dreams of being able to fly through my own will. These long vivid dreams would make me think I must be getting really good cpap therapy, I mean if I was having breathing difficulties, I would wake up and not have such long REM sleep. But, I don't 'feel' refreshed the next morning and have a good 'brain day' necessary. 

Other nights, like last night, I was having issues for some reason, maybe something I ate, a probiotic I took that causes me to fart my brains out and breath in the gasses being drawn into the cpap and then into my nasal mask. When I woke up the next morning I was thinking, "This is going to be bad", but it wasn't. I had a good brain day and felt pretty good. The AHI readings don't seem translate into how good or bad I feel the next morning per say. 

So I suppose long REM sleep is not necessary a good sign of restful refreshing sleep. Also if I'm sleeping so deeply in one position for a long time, it causes lower back pain. Besides not having the CPAP machine next to my rear end, where would the best location for it to be, above the sleeping position?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 1,011 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 551 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 462 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 781 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 888 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,819 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Equipment] Dream Station 2 Humidifier Daddyo 2 582 12-22-2022, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Daddyo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.