Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone upgrade from CPAP to BIPAP without a titration?
Can someone upgrade from CPAP to BIPAP without a titration?
I don't see what the big deal would be. 

Ya?
No?

I found out that you specifically need a BIPAP prescription to get the BIPAP machine. But would you be able to get that prescription without another sleep study?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone upgrade from CPAP to BIPAP without a titration?
I did. My first machine was a Remstar M-Series auto CPAP. When it got about 20K hours on it, I obtained a used Philips Series One 760 auto BiPAP on Craigslist. I used the efficacy results from that to convince my doctor that BiPAP was both more comfortable and effective for my use. He wrote a prescription for bilevel and my current machine Aircurve 10 Vauto was dispensed and reimbursed by insurance. That is not a guarantee, but it can be done. It's far less hassle to just buy one from a supplier like Supplier #33 who would rather have your money than deal with prescriptions., or buy one on Craigslist.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My doc changed me without another sleep study because I was swallowing air.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to get one without a new overnight sleep study - I had been considering buying one out of pocket and my sleep lab suggested that I try one out from the lab before buying one, and then they had me fill out some info re how I felt using it and then they wrote a prescription that was covered fully by Kaiser, and I didn't pay for one out of pocket ! 

although since then I have moved on, in terms of diagnosis from an overnight sleep study- to mixed sleep apnea so now I have a Bilevel ASV . . .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 251 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 277 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,178 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.