Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] First month of treatment, still high AHI
First month of treatment, still high AHI
Hello All!

Thanks in advance for the help.

So I've been struggling with Sleep Apnea for years and finally decided to seek treatment. I've been using my CPAP for almost a month and I do feel better. My pre treatment AHI was 78 and now it's an average of 15.

My question is, how can I get better?

Last night I messed with the pressure and raised it to 7 CM,and had the highest AHI since I've used the machine. I also have a hard time with my mask staying sealed, but after doing some searches I think it's because I'm putting it on too tight. (So tight might face almost feels bruised the next day.

Any help would be great!

Thank you!

Attached Files
.pdf   sleep.pdf (Size: 413.61 KB / Downloads: 41)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First month of treatment, still high AHI
Welcome to the forum.
Glad to see that you are using sleepyhead.
From the info you posted your 90% pressure is ~17. My experience (personal and with forum members) is that setting the minimum pressure closer to your need is very important. I suspect that a minimum pressure setting of 14 is where you need to be.
You may want to work your way up as you work on improving your mask fitment.
In addition, presenting your data as the moderators advice will be helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First month of treatment, still high AHI
Welcome. Glad to know your feeling better. We should be able to help you lower your AHI but need more data. Please post daily SleepyHead data organized as described in the links below.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 298 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 146 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 112 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 126 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 639 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.