Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Dreamstation Go. Is the plug on the US power cord polarised?
Dreamstation Go. Is the plug on the US power cord polarised?
Not a totally dumb question!  I already have a US type extension cord, but the socket is non-polarised. I am planning a trip to the US and Canada and I thought to keep things simple I would purchase a US power cord. I often find it necessary to have a longer lead from where the closest socket is. Hence why I am interested in whether my current extension lead will be suitable to use with the Philips US cord.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Go. Is the plug on the US power cord polarised?
(04-26-2019, 08:31 PM)elliotg Wrote: Not a totally dumb question!  I already have a US type extension cord, but the socket is non-polarised. I am planning a trip to the US and Canada and I thought to keep things simple I would purchase a US power cord. I often find it necessary to have a longer lead from where the closest socket is. Hence why I am interested in whether my current extension lead will be suitable to use with the Philips US cord.

In the US wall outlets typically have three prongs, although very old wiring might have only two prongs. The top two accept blades, the left one for the neutral (common) wire and the right one for the hot wire. The neutral is taller, because appliance plugs have one tall blade (the left [neutral] blade) and one not-so-tall blade (the right, hot blade). In very old wiring these two are all you have. In the vast majority of house wiring there will be a third hole (centered, below the two blade holes), designed to accept a u-shaped prong, which is for the earth ground. Some appliances still come with just the neutral and hot blades, e.g., a lamp, because for something like a lamp the extra earth ground is deemed unnecessary. The more power the appliance draws the more likely it is that it will come with a cord ending in all three prongs.

All the PAP machines I have had over the years came with cords ending in all three prongs. Here is a link with more detail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_p...EC_60906-2
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation Go power cord has two prongs of equal size. It does not have a third ground prong. It is not polarized.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2019, 07:31 AM)bluesboybob Wrote: The Dreamstation Go power cord has two prongs of equal size. It does not have a third ground prong. It is not polarized.
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 126 04-18-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 180 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,908 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 250 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,769 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 430 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 1,033 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.