Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Flow Limitations, a problem or not?
RE: Flow Limitations, a problem or not?
having major issues with foggy brain/fatigue. The last year has been a train wreck, just getting organized enough to focus (no pun intended) on my foggy brain and fatigue again. Have set my machine to what you see on profile I will post results after a couple of nights...thanks all....

S
Post Reply Post Reply
My understanding of ASV has evolved to where I expect to see what appears to be flow limitations in users that are dependent on pressure support to initiate or sustain inspiration. While the ASV can certainly keep you breathing, the reliance on the machine's pressure support results in an inspiratory peak that appears flow limited, as compared to inspiration by a normal person with spontaneous inspiratory effort. This does not explain why you continue to feel fatigue or brain fog, only that I tend to dismiss flow limitation as having the same meaning when using any bilevel with a backup rate, and especially where high pressure support is persistently needed to maintain respiratory volume and rate.

Nice to see you back at it, and we will of course do what we can to help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This was last night...After reading Sleeprider's post, which has confirmed what am afraid of, I would like to see if any tweaking will help
but understand that it probably won't...lol

https://imgur.com/2FQdLD0
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to see the full picture of events and pressure range. Please be sure to minimize the monthly calendar and turn off the pie chart.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
will do..

thanks Sleeprider....

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
try this:

full screen https://imgur.com/s9Jmvnv

one event:
[Image: dRyvxKDm.png]
https://i.imgur.com/dRyvxKD.png
Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night:
full screen

[Image: 57d1dN9l.png]

FlowLimit:

[Image: EFSFfnCl.png]

I am not expecting any improvements in this, just more getting conformation that the machine is doing its
best, and my foggy brain is another issue....
thanks for any adjustment suggestions...
Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have an Oximeter ?

It would be good to check your not getting any desaturation but the numbers from the ASV looks good
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to have one, was reading a thread about them last night, been thinking it would be good to
check O2 levels again...
Thanks for the suggestion...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI is incredibly low, but as you can see the machine is backing up breaths more often than not. Your median pressure support is over 5-cm, so my suggestion is that we try increasing the minimum pressure support to stabilize pressure. Currently your minimum is 2.0, but I could see your minimum PS being much higher. Let's try 3.0 to start, and I expect we will move to 4.0 or 5.0. The objective in these adjustments is to implement the PS into the settings instead of relying on the machine to make them. This should make the therapy more steady and restful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 73 27 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 248 2 hours ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 307 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,574 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,609 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.