Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Flow number
RE: Flow number
(01-12-2014, 11:16 PM)Bladskinner Wrote: Why the activa?
This is my favorite choice of mask, will it also be yours ... never know without a trial ... might be the worst mask you have tried ... everyone is different. The cushion designed to seal as get fully inflated and filled with air without over-tighten the headgear and worn loose so its feel comfortable and maintain a seal as you move sleeping position
Activa LT is also compatible with SoftGel cushion, both cushions fit on the same frame http://www.resmed.com/us/products/mirage...s&sec=true
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2014, 11:32 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 11:16 PM)Bladskinner Wrote: Why the activa?
This is my favorite choice of mask, will it also be yours ... never know without a trial ... might be the worst mask you have tried ... everyone is different. The cushion designed to seal as get fully inflated and filled with air without over-tighten the headgear and worn loose so its feel comfortable and maintain a seal as you move sleeping position
Activa LT is also compatible with SoftGel cushion, both cushions fit on the same frame http://www.resmed.com/us/products/mirage...s&sec=true

So have you tried the nano?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2014, 11:58 PM)Bladskinner Wrote: So have you tried the nano?
No. I,m happy so far and as they say ... If its not broken, don,t fix it

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with zonk about nasal mask. I had major leaks with a ffm and then went to the wisp and a chin strap (although I put mine on under the head gear in case I have to adjust the head gear it is easier for me......it is a personal preference so a chin strap can be used under or over the head gear....there isn't a one way only when it comes to using a chin strap....well, at least not when it comes to over or under the head gear lol). I love the nasal mask and I never thought it would work for me b/c I get a stopped up nose a lot but it has been a big success for me. The way my nasal mask fits, I wouldn't think it would affect anyone with a moustache but you won't know for sure until you try it. Also, an added bonus, they are most often less expensive than a ffm.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have now tried the nasal mask nano and having a mustache is fine but it hurts my nose and I seam to have lots of OA's with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bladskinner,

If pressure is lowered by large leaks, such as when leaking is occurring through mouth because chip strap is not working, this would likely allow more OA's to occur.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2014, 12:57 AM)vsheline Wrote: If pressure is lowered by large leaks, such as when leaking is occurring through mouth because chip strap is not working, this would likely allow more OA's to occur.

But those OA's would likely go unreported by your CPAP machine. It can't use its pressure sensor and flow rate meter to tell if you've stopped breathing because large amounts of air are rushing down the CPAP tube and out through your open mouth.

The airway is free to collapse at this time because the CPAP machine can't perform its basic function: maintain an air splint.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We'll I had to tighten down the FF mask to stop the leaks. I seem to sleep ok so maybe I,ll get used to it being so tight.
"Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections." ~Unknown
Post Reply Post Reply
Bladskinner, which brand and model mask are you using? There are ways to reduce leaks without tightening them too much.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2014, 10:34 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Bladskinner, which brand and model mask are you using? There are ways to reduce leaks without tightening them too much.

I'd be interested in any tips you can pass along as well. I'm using the Quattro Air (medium) -- and trying to figure out how to remedy my leaks without over tightening too. I don't know if it is a mask issue or head gear problem. Seems the mask leaks when l tilt my head down, but when I tilt my head up there are no leaks but feels over tightened...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 295 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 108 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,603 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What is that spike in Flow limit? urachan 7 500 03-16-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: urachan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.