Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Frequent Clear Airways
Frequent Clear Airways
Hi all - 

I'm new to PAP therapy and new to Apneaboard. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read.

I'm 5 nights into therapy with the AirCurve 10 VAuto. WatchPAT sleep study revealed total pAHI 1.1 and pRDI 11.4; REM pAHI 3.8 and pRDI 14.6. No central apneas were recorded on my sleep study. So, I have UARS and of course insurance wouldn't pay for PAP therapy so I opted to buy one out of pocket through Lofta. I'm using the P30i nasal pillow on Auto mode with an average EPAP of 6 and IPAP of 10, pressure support set to 4.

My issue is that I've been having a lot of CAs per my machine and OSCAR though they do not appear to be associated with leaks or O2 desats (I'm monitoring O@ with my Wellue Ring. I've only had the rare hypopnea (maybe 1-3 total per night). I'm waking frequently at night with a super dry mouth despite mouth taping. Lofta is sending me a free chin strap in the mail as I'm probably opening my mouth very often. I increased the trigger from "med" to "high" which I believe made a difference as my CAs were reduced significantly from one night to the next.

Anyone have any suggestions to reduce the clear airways I've been experiencing? I can post OSCAR screenshots if needed. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Frequent Clear Airways
Post a Screenshot of the Daily page in OSCAR.
Follow the link below in my signature line to for guidance.

If you use the F12 key to take your screenshot, it will arrange the graph as we prefer to view it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes agreed. We need to see your OSCAR shot. Extra really preliminary guess, PS 4 might be too much or your pressure settings need optimized. CA can sometimes be addressed by a high trigger setting. But to highlight, all the above is guessing. I would not change anything until we see data.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are a couple screen shots from the past couple nights. I woke up feeling pretty great yesterday (11/20 screenshot) but this morning not so much (11/21 screenshot). You can tell that I had a higher CA count last night compared to Saturday night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2021, 10:29 PM)SamDPT Wrote: Here are a couple screen shots from the past couple nights. I woke up feeling pretty great yesterday (11/20 screenshot) but this morning not so much (11/21 screenshot). You can tell that I had a higher CA count last night compared to Saturday night.

Sorry guys, I was unable to post the screenshots because they saved as completely blacked out .png files. I'm using a Google Pixelbook which is a chromebook. Maybe I'm not saving the files correctly? Anyone have any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation Frequent Jolting in Sleep Pawpri 2 37 32 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,408 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 126 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Clear airway Bullabill 3 237 03-12-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 273 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR High AHI Frequent CA's - New to CPAP nixontahoe 9 370 03-04-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.