Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto
Need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto
Changing over from ResMed Cpap to Bipap,  need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto
Thanks! - 

I have the first two nights Thurs, Fridays on my AirCurve Vauto. 

I made pressure adjustments around the first few hours each night: the sleep data starts around 4am..to 5am each night.
I made some pressure and Epap adjustments to the Fridays before sleeping vs Thursdays 
I would appreciate it if you would look at my Oscar data and tell me what it means, and any adjustment ideas..

Thanks Sleep-well

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help adjusting interpreting Oscar Data - 10 Aircurve Vauto
What are you treating and what are your objectives? This is an Aircurve 10 ASV used to treat central and complex apnea. What were your issues with the CPAP?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Used Cpap for years from the VA sleep study like 5 years ago.. Helped but, didn't cure my a waking nightmare of  feeling of dying, so bad i would run and yell for help. Or would jump up and feel like am about to collapse.  Happens random now about once or twice , month or more. It happens usually when i'm very tired. 

Meaning the CPAP was always running and I would still have very strong events. At an 8.5 min and 15.5 max setting epr 2. It was like it wasn't even on.

My machine Resmed Airsense 10 is still connected to VA via modem. I just haven't gone back to their sleep doctor in 5 years or so, because its a pain and long about 3 hour drive. 

I got to talking with my Dad who turns out has central apnea, and that started my path to understanding that maybe the reason the Cpap wasn't helping. So he had an extra Bipap unit and I started testing.

So far so good, I had and episode Friday , it just mildy woke me up and i went right back alseep. Nothing like before.  I just want to get the setting's correct for a good baseline and try to improve on it.  I've been reading and trying to understand how to titrate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your results, I recommend an increase in EPAP min to 6.0. You may get by with 5.0, but most of the hypopnea and the UA events are obstructive, and I think you need the higher exhale pressure to stent your airway. I'd think PS min needs to be at least 3, and you should start there, and consider moving to 4.0 to evaluate how you feel. I would suggest reducing PS max to 8.0 or 9.0. You appear to be a spontaneous breather, and the ASV is not going above these settings. These settings will better support your airway and more consistently support inspiration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate you looking at for me.. The episode that pushed me into looking at answers a few days ago, was another near death awaking, probably the worst I've ever had. 
Wife agrees!!!.

She calls its dying also!! Probably cause I woke up a few times.. yelling I don't wanna die..   

I may have mild form of PTSD from this.. and dread when I'm tired and can't fall asleep. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 101 9 hours ago
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 137 9 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 52 10 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,314 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 267 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 186 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 112 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.