Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Getting a test done
If I don't have any insurance, how can I have a study done?
Post Reply Post Reply
There are many options. Supplier #30 offers a fixed cost ($400) home test, physician analysis and prescription service if appropriate. If you had insurance they would bill that as well. You might find additional providers by doing an online search for Home Sleep Apnea Test.
Post Reply Post Reply
probably depends which country you are in?

A full overnight study for me with no insurance was around $800 - $500 of which i get back as a govt rebate. Think i saw recently US studies are thousands $$?

maybe checkout a home test as an option.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Nassau007,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
At the hospital I work at, there are multiple programs that can reduce or even eliminate some of the costs of medical care. I would first get a regular physical/checkup if you haven't already, and discuss a sleep study. After getting the recommendation for a sleep study, go to patient finincial services, and sit down with them to discuss options about payment arrangements, "charity" care programs, etc.
"I am not a Doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2015, 03:52 PM)Nassau007 Wrote: If I don't have any insurance, how can I have a study done?

Have you been to a doctor? What causes you to think you have sleep apnea?

If your not old enough to be on Medicare, then you need to at least start with a doctor visit. Explain your concerns and lack of insurance. Doctors have a lot of resources and can steer your in the right direction. I would think a home study would be in order. At least you could get a diagnosis and go from there.

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self test, newbie needs help please bexiesbruv 9 443 02-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Last Post: bexiesbruv
  do overnight oximetry test results warrant cpap? RL87 10 348 02-16-2017, 11:23 AM
Last Post: RL87
  Dr. Wants To Do A 24-Hour Test harmon k 6 369 12-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Last Post: robysue
  2015 peer reviewed article comparing a bench test of 11 APAPs robysue 4 657 12-06-2016, 07:06 AM
Last Post: cands
  newbie questions re sleep test results Frances 4 430 10-20-2016, 08:21 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  [Diagnosis] Could Sleeping Pill During Test Cause False Apnea Diagnosis Violetskyye 20 1,371 09-23-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Home test and more GotIt 10 734 09-16-2016, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider