Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Getting a test done
Getting a test done
If I don't have any insurance, how can I have a study done?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting a test done
There are many options. Supplier #30 offers a fixed cost ($400) home test, physician analysis and prescription service if appropriate. If you had insurance they would bill that as well. You might find additional providers by doing an online search for Home Sleep Apnea Test.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
probably depends which country you are in?

A full overnight study for me with no insurance was around $800 - $500 of which i get back as a govt rebate. Think i saw recently US studies are thousands $$?

maybe checkout a home test as an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Nassau007,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
At the hospital I work at, there are multiple programs that can reduce or even eliminate some of the costs of medical care. I would first get a regular physical/checkup if you haven't already, and discuss a sleep study. After getting the recommendation for a sleep study, go to patient finincial services, and sit down with them to discuss options about payment arrangements, "charity" care programs, etc.
"I am not a Doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2015, 03:52 PM)Nassau007 Wrote: If I don't have any insurance, how can I have a study done?

Have you been to a doctor? What causes you to think you have sleep apnea?

If your not old enough to be on Medicare, then you need to at least start with a doctor visit. Explain your concerns and lack of insurance. Doctors have a lot of resources and can steer your in the right direction. I would think a home study would be in order. At least you could get a diagnosis and go from there.

Good luck.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,521 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 146 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 244 03-28-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 154 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 276 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 951 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 397 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.