Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Treatment Going TOO Well??
RE: Treatment Going TOO Well??
Your AHI is good with therapy, but you are using pressures of 5.0 to 20.0 with EPR at 3. That is nearly wide open pressure. EPR seems to be comfortable for you, and your average or median pressure is nearly 7.0. My recommendation is that you change minimum pressure to 7.0 and maximum pressure to 10.0 and keep the EPR at 3.0. This will give you a starting pressure of 7.0/4.0 (IPAP/EPAP) and it may not change much from there; however your difference in inhale and exhale pressure will be constant. This should eliminate the residual hypopnea and if I'm seeing this correctly, you should have near zero events. Most importantly, your pressure will be relatively stable, and that should avoid any disruption from pressure changes.

Your results are excellent, and changes are not needed, but if you want to minimize pressure changes, I think 7 to 10 with EPR 3 is going to give really good results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why question doing good with these results? IMO enjoy it, sit back so to speak, and start feeling better.

Sleeprider has some good suggestions for you to try edits on the settings. Just do that and enjoy the results even more.

Best to continued success. Coffee

PS keep us updated here.
FWIW my AHI was over 70, a heavy emphasis on central apnea. With my ASV, I'm mostly under an AHI of 3 per night & feeling better all the time when it comes to sleeping.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's like those days when I stop by the bank and find I have WAY too much money in the account and then I keep getting hounded by three needy Sports Illustrated swimsuit models hounding me to pick them and exclude the other two for my weekend date..... And then they decide they all want to spend the weekend together with me......

You just gotta hate that kinda crap.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll try that!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey OMMOHY,

If you do find too much money in your account, I'll gladly let you deposit some in my bank account. Smile

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 20 695 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 173 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 154 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 246 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 675 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] TiredFGO - Treatment Thread TiredFGO 1 137 03-30-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 159 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.