Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Got a cold......can i put something in the water ????
RE: Got a cold......can i put something in the water ????
Olbas Oil is the best thing on the market to date, vic's rub doesnt come close.

[Image: 904402b.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually posted this on the link CPAP with a cold, I put a couple of drops of Olbas Oil on a tissue and put this near the Cpap machines air inlet, I also sleep sitting up if the cold is quite bad, it works for me!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that i will go out & get some i see its in 10ml or 25ml bottles so see what the local shop has got.
I have actually put some lavender mixed with eucalyptus oil on a bud & works a treat also........ just have to make sure its not tooooo close to the filter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why did you say "or just a little dab under my nose, however that is no longer an option since starting CPAP"?
I have a full face mask and have put a little pure coconut oil under my nose and on the tip of my nose so I could smell it throughout the night. Would this even be harmful? I can't imagine the residue going into my lungs but I am new to this and want to be sure and not cause myself more problems than I already have.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would assume the person meant because that's where the mask now sits. As long as the oil is not touching a mask part, it should be just fine. I would guess that the oil may not be good for the silicone or the seal.

Although, I hate coconut so the idea of putting some one my nose makes me want to sneeze. Too-funny
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've been told that adding a bit of water is very helpful

:-)

Post Reply Post Reply
Exclaimation 
(06-13-2012, 10:26 AM)TorontoCPAPguy Wrote: I strongly advise not putting ANYTHING in the water PLEEEEEZ. Take it from one with 60% lung capacity who struggles for air on a regular basis. It just is not worth messing around with.
ME TO , Don't do it!! . -- JUST DON'T Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know if most insurance covers cleaning materials like, Control III wipes and the Hose Brush? If not where do we find the Control III wipes?
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2012, 11:12 PM)pssnn Wrote: There is no need to put anything in the water and as others have already posted doing so may damage your equipment.

As an aside to that - there is often the recommendation to only use distilled water. Believe it.

Long before I had a CPAP I had a humidifier that pumped "steam" into the air. Okay it's not really steam since the water wasn't hot, but let's not be technical for just a moment. Distilled water worked great.
But when I ran out of the stuff I tried using tap water - and around here we have what they call "hard" water. When I woke up in the morning there was a white film over almost everything in the room. That tap water really made a mess of things! Imagine what it can do for your lungs if you breathe it in through a CPAP. Take my word, only use distilled water. Been there, done that. As for adding anything to the water - I wouldn't but the others on here may have more insight. But I thought I should offer up a past experience.
Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2012, 09:11 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: Does anyone know if most insurance covers cleaning materials like, Control III wipes and the Hose Brush? If not where do we find the Control III wipes?
Supplier #1
mask wipes, tube brush and control III disinfectant solution 16 oz concentrate bottle

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 184 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 356 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.