Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Massive O2 saturation drop last night...
Massive O2 saturation drop last night...
Need some help.  Trying to figure out what went wrong last night.  Generally I've been good with my oxygen saturation during sleep since I got my O2 ring and some adjustments were made to my machine therapy.  Last night however I had a huge drop that was sustained for quite some time. Here are my links and report if anyone has a moment to look at it. 

Thank you. 

(started my sleep at 8am EST and woke up at 5pm EST) 

https://sleephq.com/.../1a9f5e1c-3d4f-42...9ed7164d94 

https://sleephq.com/.../0d16576a-cb00-47...a121b0bc49

If you prefer Oscar, I can try to upload that too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Massive O2 saturation drop last night...
Try the OSCAR charts instead.  The links you posted for sleepHQ say the page is missing.

Any chance your O2 senser came loose during that time period?  Have you ever had a large dip like that before, or was it this one night?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2022, 12:24 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Try the OSCAR charts instead.  The links you posted for sleepHQ say the page is missing.

Any chance your O2 senser came loose during that time period?  Have you ever had a large dip like that before, or was it this one night?

The sensor is pretty snug, so I don't think it came off.  I have had small dips, like a quick dip to 88%, 90%, but nothing this sustained for this amount of time.

What Oscar charts would you need?  I have them pulled up.

Here are the fixed SleepHQ links:

https://sleephq.com/public/37239571-475b...cd3695e07d

https://sleephq.com/public/2272ec78-32a2...a387d320ed
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar Graphs...not sure if that's what you need

The O2 desaturation started at 9:36am and stopped at 10:06am.

Post Reply Post Reply
So some more digging.  I was wearing my Apple Watch 7 while asleep as well.
I checked all of the heart rate data for that time frame and it's completely different..

Shows normal heart rate, whereas the O2 ring showed a massive spike during that time frame, I compared the HR before and after the event at certain time points and they lined up with the watch.

So not sure what to believe.  Could it be a giant anomaly with the ring?

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2022, 02:41 AM)SufiMindtricks Wrote: So some more digging.  I was wearing my Apple Watch 7 while asleep as well.
I checked all of the heart rate data for that time frame and it's completely different..

Shows normal heart rate, whereas the O2 ring showed a massive spike during that time frame, I compared the HR before and after the event at certain time points and they lined up with the watch.

So not sure what to believe.  Could it be a giant anomaly with the ring?

Also the only difference was that the Apple Watch 7 was on my right hand, while the O2 Ring was on my left hand index finger.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance you slept on your hand? I’ve gotten false low signals when I sleep on my arm and it gets tingly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2022, 02:41 AM)SufiMindtricks Wrote: ... Could it be a giant anomaly with the ring?

Possibly.  You may have been sleeping in an awkward position that put pressure on the ring causing the sensor to loose good contact with your finger.

Keep an eye on it over the next couple of nights and see if it happens again.  If it was just that one night then it may have just been an anomaly.  If it happens regularly then it's worth having a discussion with your Dr.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I wear a Galaxy 4 watch with blood pressure, heart rate, and AF detection.  It also has SAT recording and gives me the high and low for each sleep period.  I'm rarely below 88%, and then only for a few seconds at most.  Four nights ago, I was aghast to see the low number at 73%.  I don't believe it because I have AFib and would have awakened to a pounding heart.  It has only happened the one time that I know of, and has not repeated to date.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 179 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Ox saturation and CPAP therapy dandan1978 3 176 03-12-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 258 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
Sad AHI and oxygen saturation worse with CPAP Philio 6 1,222 12-18-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Philio
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  O2 saturation Larrypac 5 631 03-04-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: jeffpack1957

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.