Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Help interpret results?
Question 
Help interpret results?
This probably sounds odd, but my normal therapist is on leave for a few months and I haven't fully learnt yet how to interpret the results (using Rescan v5 software , Resmed Autoset 9 w/humidifier and Philips Wisp mask).

Pls refer to the attached report.

I'm sleeping reasonably well but still waking up tired and listless. Is the leak rate an issue? everything else looks to be in good shape? Any feedback would be welcome, thank you!

Attached Files
.pdf   MDS sml 150121.pdf (Size: 100.48 KB / Downloads: 130)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help interpret results?
Hi splitter,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and someone will be along to help you with interpreting your graphs.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It's pretty hard to see the colors on your leak bars but it looks like your median and 95 percentile leak rates are satisfactory (with 5 ~ 6 exceptions). I suspect you are removing your mask with the flow generator running since you are getting a large maximum leak daily. Since that's not relevant, I'd say you're doing pretty well with the therapy (your AHI levels look fine..below 5 most of the time) although you may have some other issue that is making you feel poorly. Perhaps you need more time to acclimate to the pressure...I appears that you have interrupted several sessions so that's points to some problem with getting long periods of sleep...that could be the reason you're feeling tired the next day.

Stick around for other opinions.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Splitter, welcome to Apnea Board.

Your daily usage is unusual - your sleep is fractured, but also your bedtime seems to be all over the place. I find that I sleep better if I get into a routine and hit the sack around the same time every night. Are you able to set a regular bedtime and stick to it? Perhaps if you're able to eliminate some of those daytime naps it might be easier to develop a more regular routine.

Good luck with your therapy, and don't hesitate to ask - we're here to help!
Post Reply Post Reply
leaks look ok, if I read it right. The 95th percentile leak is generally below the recommended maximum leak for your gear.

you might give us a little more insight, if you are aware of the mix of OA, CA, H. I do see the AI and AHI, and if I understand it, the AI is a combination of OAI (obstructive apneas) and CAI (central apneas), while the AHI also adds in the hypopneas (lighter breathing but not yet apnea - an actual full stop).

the numbers for AHI seem to be within the fully treated band.

the tired feeling may be caused by interruptions to proper sleep stages. in other words you may be getting a lot more light to moderate sleep but the apneas you are having may collect in brief periods spaced throughout the night, and those periods are probably when you were transitioning to deeper sleep or dreamy state (REM) sleep.

we mostly have suggested a more blow by blow analytical software, like sleepyheadTM, which can give you graphs of most elements through the night. with that, you may be able to detect what is happening in the tough spots of the night, and maybe what is wakening you.

question for you - when you do awaken, do you remember having been dreaming? this is different than recalling the contents of the dream.

final observation -- The median pressure each night is nearly always above 10, and your profile says you are prescribed a band with starting pressure of 8. For many that exhibit this, advice has been to raise the minimum pressure a little closer to 10. Some would suggest a gradual rise to 8.5 or 9 initially, and stand at one setting for a week to 2 weeks to see if your AHI goes down.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2015, 12:10 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: It's pretty hard to see the colors on your leak bars but it looks like your median and 95 percentile leak rates are satisfactory (with 5 ~ 6 exceptions). I suspect you are removing your mask with the flow generator running since you are getting a large maximum leak daily. Since that's not relevant, I'd say you're doing pretty well with the therapy (your AHI levels look fine..below 5 most of the time) although you may have some other issue that is making you feel poorly. Perhaps you need more time to acclimate to the pressure...I appears that you have interrupted several sessions so that's points to some problem with getting long periods of sleep...that could be the reason you're feeling tired the next day.

Hi greetings from the Netherlands.

Could you please give a easy explanation about my chart.
I do get some of it.
But why are the white leak bars spiking of the chart?

Thank you

[attachment=1207]
Post Reply Post Reply
Because you are having leaks above the acceptable leak rate. It looks like at least half of the days you sleep you are having leak issues. Some things you can do to help that is to make sure your pillows are cleaned regularly, that you wash your face before you go to sleep, make sure that if you have head gear that it isn't too tight, make sure that your pillows are the proper size and make sure that you change your pillows often. I change my cushions 2 times per month. Others will come along with other suggestions for you. This is all I can think of at the moment.
Post Reply Post Reply
@SB-Bradley - yep. leaks happening, but white bar indicates these excursions are less than 5% of your sleeping time.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2015, 09:41 AM)Skinny Bones Bradley Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 12:10 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: It's pretty hard to see the colors on your leak bars but it looks like your median and 95 percentile leak rates are satisfactory (with 5 ~ 6 exceptions). I suspect you are removing your mask with the flow generator running since you are getting a large maximum leak daily. Since that's not relevant, I'd say you're doing pretty well with the therapy (your AHI levels look fine..below 5 most of the time) although you may have some other issue that is making you feel poorly. Perhaps you need more time to acclimate to the pressure...I appears that you have interrupted several sessions so that's points to some problem with getting long periods of sleep...that could be the reason you're feeling tired the next day.

Hi greetings from the Netherlands.

Could you please give a easy explanation about my chart.
I do get some of it.
But why are the white leak bars spiking of the chart?

Thank you
Hi Skinny Bones Bradley,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions about your graphs.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Trish I have red the earlier reply from surferdude therefore... Well you know. Water to the ocean.
My colors on the other hand are perfectly visible.

I would very much like to know why the white or very light green bars go off the scale.
And I do not understand the 90 something percentile.

Anyone ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 537 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,181 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 475 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.