Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Question
ResMed S9 Question
I have an S8 and S9 which I rotate using a few times a year, (just to make sure the older S8 still works). When I rotated back to my S9 a few days back, I've noticed that it restarts a few times a night... Is that normal?

In other words, my S9 at times just shuts off, (causing me to awaken because of the mask momentarily sucking). I know it did that a few times to me in the Spring also, but I can't remember if I ever asked why it did this???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Question
Do you have SleepyHead or other software? If so, check the data for leaks.

Do you have autostart turned on? That may shut your machine off if you have a large leak. I turned autostart off on mine for this reason.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2015, 05:50 AM)archangle Wrote: Do you have SleepyHead or other software? If so, check the data for leaks.

Do you have autostart turned on? That may shut your machine off if you have a large leak. I turned autostart off on mine for this reason.

Yes I have the ResScan software, but I don't check it until it's time for a doctors visit.Oh-jeez I think you are right about the auto start function being the reason... Also I started using a fresh mask this time, (so it may leak more until it gets seated in better?) Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You can check the data any time you want. The doctor won't know and won't care. Because of the way the ResMed machines keep data, you lose most of it after 7 days anyway. You will see some of the basics (but no graphs) in ResScan after that but I think for only 30 days. After that, you only have compliance date, even with ResScan.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
S9 (AutoSet and Elite) SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data, 30 days of detailed data graphs and 7 days of flow data

AirSense 10 (AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite) SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data
30 days of detailed data graphs *
30 days of flow data *

* verified on my A10 AutoSet

Post Reply Post Reply
Cool. I like that they upped it to 30 days on the A10. About dang time!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Turned off the autostart yesterday, and tightened my new mask up a little more... (much better Thanks )
Post Reply Post Reply
I see you had a better night with your mask tighter. The S9 might be more sensitive to leaks in your mask. If your mask does not fit properly, then it will sense that it's leaking. If it leaks long enough, it will automatically shut off. I suggest checking the fit when you wake up when the machine shuts off (I know, hard to remember to do when you are sleepy). I hope your success continues.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2015, 09:33 AM)LaurieD Wrote: I see you had a better night with your mask tighter. The S9 might be more sensitive to leaks in your mask. If your mask does not fit properly, then it will sense that it's leaking. If it leaks long enough, it will automatically shut off. I suggest checking the fit when you wake up when the machine shuts off (I know, hard to remember to do when you are sleepy). I hope your success continues.

I knew I had a pretty good leak night before last, using a brand new mask for the first time... I just didn't remember that the autostart feature detected leaks and turned of the S9. I did check the mask fit indicator and noticed the red face lol.... Last night was much better after I tightened things up more! Another thing I've noticed using the autoset is that once it detects an apnea it goes to a almost wide open setting, then stays on that setting a long time? I have mine set from 12 to 20, and my normal CPAP setting has been around 16 for the past five years. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Another feature of ResScan is you can save your reports. By doing so, it doesn't matter how many days the machine saves your data - it will always be available in your saved reports. Just go to the Reports tab in ResScan, choose your report options, pick the report day you want, after the report loads hit Save As.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,046 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Question Question on using a Resmed S9 vs a Dreamstation 1 nbdsv96 3 548 06-20-2023, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
Question Question on settings on Resmed S9 nbdsv96 1 450 06-12-2023, 04:37 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 714 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  ResMed BPAP ST-A vs BPAP VAuto - S Mode Only Question cmpman1974 5 609 05-03-2023, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed A10 Series Power Switch Question Crimson Nape 6 632 02-02-2023, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.