Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] How do I interpret Oscar information
How do I interpret Oscar information
I'm not sure if these results are good or not. I have had one visit with the Neurologist that is overseeing my treatment. I was set up with my mask through a supplier and I just don't really understand so much of this. I go back to the Doctor on June 12 and if there is anything I need to discuss with him, I want to be prepared.  Thank you for your help. All I know about my study was that I was having 87 events an hour. I know that figure is much better. But I still feel so tired. It may take time, I understand that. I just want to be doing all I can to help myself. 

[attachment=12476]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do I interpret Oscar information
You are off to a good start! You are using your machine, seeing improvement in your AHI, using Oscar, and approaching treatment with a constructive outlook. Plus you’ve found this forum!

I’m sure one of the experts will be along to offer some thoughts about your charts. But first, would you make a few changes and repost? They’ll want to see the following graphs in a single screenshot: events, flow rate, pressure, leak rate, snores. If you need to, you can squish the graphs a little by grabbing the grey separators. Also, you can turn off VS2 flags.

Some people feel a lot better quickly, but for the rest of us it’s a more gradual process, with ups and downs but a generally improving trend. So patience will be important to your success.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much! I will attempt that now!
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not having any luck editing my post or adding individual shots of the graphs. So I've reached maximum frustration for the day. I apologize and will have to come back to this later.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hear you! When you come back to this, you can just attach the screenshot to a new reply. No need to try to change the earlier post.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having a hard time figuring out how to copy and save the individual results. I can blow them up individually full size, but then I can't seem to take a picture and save it. I'm on my computer and have done everything I could find to take and save screen shots, but no luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
On my laptop, I hit the PrtScr key on the top row, then open the Paint 3D program. I right-click on the blank screen in Paint 3D and select Paste. The copy of my chart appears, and then I can crop it if necessary, and save it. I save to my desktop so I can find the file easily.

By any chance does your computer work the same way?
Post Reply Post Reply
The best way is to press the F12 key for a screen shot. On many laptops the function keys are dual purpose and you may need to find and hold a key labeled Fn when you press F12. The screen shot will be in the screen shot folder in your OSCAR documents folder.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
FYI: If you use an Apple / Mac computer and don't have a row of F-keys for functions, you can do a screenshot by pressing Command + Shift + 5 all at the same time. (Command is the squiggle that looks kind of like a cloverleaf highway on-ramp viewed from space.)

Also: Command + Shift + 4 gives you a cursor that allows to to draw a box around a small area of your screen to take a more specific screenshot.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,795 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 400 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Frequent wakeups with mild OSA -- help me interpret OSCAR? mcrick 6 698 12-24-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: mcrick
  Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT cmpman1974 0 441 12-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Last Post: cmpman1974
Question Newbie here - Could you help me interpret data please? Unkikonki 7 535 12-03-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.