Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Husbands AHI numbers not dropping .
RE: Husbands AHI numbers not dropping .
Hiya Frustratedwife! I'm a Mac person too. The SleepyHead software works *great* on a mac. At the top of this page, count 4 lines down, and see the word "SleepyHead". Click on that (or, Right-Click and open it in a "new window" so you can read that and this at the same time).

On that page, smack in the middle of the page is the download for MacOSX. When your cursor gets near it, a huge box about 2" x 4" will highlight. The whole thing is a huge button. Just click there, and the download will start. Depending on what browser you use, it may ask "do you want to download this" so you then say Yes.

Find where it downloaded TO -- usually a "Download" folder. Double click the file called SleepyHead-1.0.0-(mumbleVersionNumbers).dmg

A new window will open, with a little sheep in it, wearing a cpap mask. That's the software. You have to drag that to your APPLICATIONS window, to install it.

Then, you remove the SD card from your CPAP machine, lock it. Startup the new SleepyHead software, and insert the SD card into the Mac when the program asks for it (there should be a slot that's exactly the right size for an SD card; NOT the CD slot). Later on, properly tell it to eject the card, UNlock the card, and put it back in the CPAP machine.

Ask further questions as needed!

edit: Ahh, I see you got the software in another thread. Good. Now *I'm* going to make use of the "howTo" links that people sent you, cuz I've never read those!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an FYI. I started having problems with sleeping all night with my setup and I'd had it for months before a problem. I agree that a lower pressure FOR NOW is helpful. Also, consider adjusting the humidity. I had to adjust it down once the furnace was turned off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi FrustratedWife,

I use the Simplus mask and have used many other Full Face Masks. I use high pressures and find I must use a mask liner, or else leaks will keep me from getting to sleep, or will wake me up. I use RemZzzs brand. Totally eliminates mask fluttering/trumpeting and what leaks remain are softer and not bothersome. I buy a one month supply, which I make last about 6 months to a year by being careful not to stretch them out, and they can be washed in a small mesh laundry bag made for washing small items with the normal laundry, and then ironed.

Also, usually very important for most of us to stay off our back while sleeping, as Sleeprider mentioned, because then the machine won't need to raise the pressure as high.

If he is waking up on his back, may need to take precautions to ensure he stays off his back. Some of us wear a light backpack with something light but bulky inside. Others wear a teeshirt with a couple tennis balls in a sock sewn along the spine, between shoulder blades and neck. Others use long body pillow(s). Others sleep in a comfortable reclining chair. Whatever it takes.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all of you for your advice. I have now been able to download SleepyHead and use the chip from his Respironics to enter the data. I would like to have some of you who are experienced to look at his numbers. Now to learn how to import or open the door for you to look at his charts. I have been reading the information guide, but there is so much to learn. Help will be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
My husbands pressure is being reduced in attempt to get him to be more comfortable throughout the nights. Will also try a backpack to try and get him to be a side sleeper as he is usually flat on his back. Now I know what the reference to tennis balls was about that I had read about. Will try the soft backpack first.
Have downloaded and put info into Sleepyhead software. Now to understand the charts and figure out how to use them to help determine the problem. The mask problem he says is trying to breath comfortably and when he hears the leaks he tries to stop them. Gets frustrated. There have been some nights without leaks and 100 Mask Fit. Then other nights it just continues to be a problem. Will try to post a screen shot of his report.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have written two reply today BUT I do not find them as being posted. I am not doing something correctly????
Will try again. Have downloaded the SleepyHead and used SD card to get information into the program. Have watched LankyLeft on how to evaluate. Will look at the reports and see if I can evaluate. Have not figured out how to copy and paste into this program. Will try to figure it out. THANKS to everyone who has sent me information. We are progressing and my husband is doing better. Changing the pressure to try and get him to leave mask on for the night and then will work at getting his AHI to come down.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are a couple links to guide you.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/misc.ph...elp&hid=19
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Sleepyhead software on my MacBook- clicking on Sleepyhead above will take you to the download page. Just download the Mac version. It will download a disk image. Double click to open the disk image me then double click on the app. It may not want to open the file or disk image sighting it being from an unidentified developer. If so hold down the control key while double clicking - it should open. It really is great software - I'll be so happy when I figure out just what I am looking at, lol.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 607 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,021 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 512 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
Sad Waking up around 4-5am every night. Occasional Aerophagia. Good numbers? jkang9080 3 539 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] AM97 Therapy Thread: Help me interpret OSCAR and get my numbers right am97 6 778 07-14-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.