Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] I feel horrible
I feel horrible
In April I went back on CPAP, this was the result...

[img][Image: e5HOOPXl.jpg][/img]

Some folks suggested I try an ASV....it was wonderful.
My respirologist suggested I stay on it even though no doctor has prescribed it for me...

I have been on an ASV machine 3 months, felt OK...still not sleeping deeply but having some good days..
Thought I should heed some folks advice and go back on at least a Bi level machine, and so I am on a months trial on an Auto BiPAP...

I will let the pictures tell the story: The ASV....

[img][Image: Hnl7k8al.jpg][/img]

Then a few nights on the BiPAP:

[Image: gnT3Ylhl.jpg]

I am in a bad state, just managing to function, but this is not good...not sure what to do..

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I feel horrible
Hi storywizard, those pictures certainly do tell the story. I don't know the history behind the decision to switch to auto bilevel and you may not feel up to explaining -- I can probably find it by going back through older threads.

I'm really sorry about how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
can you get the ASV back?
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2015, 03:50 PM)DariaVader Wrote: can you get the ASV back?

Oh yes, its mine I got it from Supplier #2...great machine...

I only am trying the BiPAP because some more experienced
folks thought I should not be on ASV, as no doctor had prescibed it, but clearly I have issues that BiPAP cannot deal with...ya think! lol

I am not sure what to trust, the machine data, or the data from titration which showed few CA's...or how I feel...

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd go with how you feel. That BiPAP looks like a hot mess.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2015, 03:53 PM)storywizard Wrote: I only am trying the BiPAP because some more experienced
folks thought I should not be on ASV, as no doctor had prescibed it, but clearly I have issues that BiPAP cannot deal with...ya think! lol

I am not sure what to trust, the machine data, or the data from titration which showed few CA's...or how I feel...

storywizard, did the folks who thought you should not be on ASV have a basis (like data or your health history) for thinking that, or was it only the fact that a doctor hadn't prescribed it?

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2015, 07:52 PM)AlanE Wrote: I'd go with how you feel. That BiPAP looks like a hot mess.

lol, and feels like a hot mess too..

Thanks Alan...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2015, 08:02 PM)kaiasgram Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 03:53 PM)storywizard Wrote: I only am trying the BiPAP because some more experienced

storywizard, did the folks who thought you should not be on ASV have a basis (like data or your health history) for thinking that, or was it only the fact that a doctor hadn't prescribed it?

It was because I had not had a prescription from a doctor...my sleep doctors don't know what to do with me...
The respirologist was very supportive of my ASV use, when I told her how much better it made me feel...so I am thinking I will follow her guidance...see if she will write a prescription. My GP will too, They are both on my side, which the sleep docs are not...they totally deny I am having any issues other than OSA...

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad you have a couple of providers you can rely on to listen and support you. Counts for so much.

And don't forget to trust yourself -- you were on the right path with the ASV.Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi storywizard,
I'm sorry you are having such a rough time of it.
It's great to hear that you have at least 2 doctors on your side..
If you felt better on the ASV machine, use it and get a prescription for it. I know you're on a trial right now though, but you might tell the doctor who has got you on this trial, just how badly you feel.
Good luck to you storywizard, hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 173 8 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,012 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 895 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.