Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Weird face
Weird face
Now on my 4th FFM and still no joy. Am in contact with a local laser scanning firm to scan my face and provide a thickened STL for use with a stereolithograph to make a mask that fits!
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Weird face
That's the first I've heard of this. Are you planning to 3D print your mask? What is the cost?

Have you tried Hybrid or cloth FFM?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I've lived with one of those weird faces my entire life.
Post Reply Post Reply
Making this up as I go along. I am back to sick and tired of being sick and tired and jerked around.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Veery innnteresting...... Please keep us updated on your progress.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2015, 08:35 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Now on my 4th FFM and still no joy. Am in contact with a local laser scanning firm to scan my face and provide a thickened STL for use with a stereolithograph to make a mask that fits!

Isn't this really expensive?

Just curious why you need a FFM. Is it possible that nasal mask or nasal pillows will work for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2015, 11:37 AM)me50 Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 08:35 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Now on my 4th FFM and still no joy. Am in contact with a local laser scanning firm to scan my face and provide a thickened STL for use with a stereolithograph to make a mask that fits!

Isn't this really expensive?
In progress so do not know yet. As I have $600 in masks that don't work how do I define 'expensive'?

Just curious why you need a FFM. Is it possible that nasal mask or nasal pillows will work for you?
Nope. Wisp with a chinstrap is better than nothing but nowhere near successful.

Post Reply Post Reply
What are you planning to use for headgear?? Are you going to make your own seals? Are you going to use your own hose fastening fitting or use one readily available? Again, are you going to design your own anti-suffocation valve or use one that is readily available? Sounds like an interesting procedure. I hope that you are successful without too much cost. It seems to me that I remember another forum member who had a custom mold cast and if I remember the cost was several thousands of dollars. If I remember correctly, it did not work out that well. On the other hand that person did not seem as dedicated to making it work as you seem. That person also did not have as much control of the design and process as you will have.

Good luck and have fun!

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds great, Mark.

I had to try at least 8-9 masks before I could find a couple of top candidates.

I know we have some folks here with mask fitting problems that will be glad to hear there is a path to relief.

Well-done
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 45 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 528 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 196 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 400 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,670 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 294 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.