Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] I get my APAP on Saturday!!!
I get my APAP on Saturday!!!
Thanks be to God!! I called the home respiratory office and the insurance approved my getting a APAP!!! I will be picking it up on Saturday, Sep 20.

I have been using "the brick" (my hubby's old CPAP from 2003) and the new one WILL be the same as my hubby's new machine, the Respironics System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier.

Even with the old "brick" I can tell a difference in my energy level and lack of yawning/sleepiness during the day; my hubby can tell the difference in me as well (I asked for his input). We have been increasing the pressure by .2 each day and I am up to 9.4 now.

Hip Hip HOORAY! Hip Hip HOORAY! Hip Hip HOORAY!

Can you tell I am excited?!?!?!?
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I get my APAP on Saturday!!!
Hi Evpraxia,
HOW EXCITING!
It's great to hear that you are finally going to get an Auto-PAP.
Keep up the good work.
Better living through CPAP therapy? You betcha.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations! Hooray!
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Hip Hip HOORAY! Hip Hip HOORAY! Hip Hip HOORAY!

Can you tell I am excited?!?!?!?

Umm not really ! Congrats And Welcome to the hosehead club .
Post Reply Post Reply
Good on you Ev for getting this done. And especially good on you for starting your therapy using your Husband's outgrown machine. It'll be great to hear how you're doing and can see some actual results when you begin with the new machine.

Now about that: You're increasing your pressure a little each day and you have noticed you're already feeling pretty chiper. So I would suggest you just stay where you're at now until you get the new machine set up. That way your body has a chance to settle in where you are now, and your new results won't be skewed by any "getting accustomed" sorts of things from your old machine. It's also possible that continuing to increase could cause you to be a little over where you need to be therapeutically, which although not the end of the world, would result in your needing to pm "Readyforsleep" and having her send you one of her banana splits.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2014, 06:04 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Good on you Ev for getting this done. And especially good on you for starting your therapy using your Husband's outgrown machine. It'll be great to hear how you're doing and can see some actual results when you begin with the new machine.

Now about that: You're increasing your pressure a little each day and you have noticed you're already feeling pretty chiper. So I would suggest you just stay where you're at now until you get the new machine set up. That way your body has a chance to settle in where you are now, and your new results won't be skewed by any "getting accustomed" sorts of things from your old machine. It's also possible that continuing to increase could cause you to be a little over where you need to be therapeutically, which although not the end of the world, would result in your needing to pm "Readyforsleep" and having her send you one of her banana splits.

Greetings retired-guy,

Thanks for the congrats - I am SO excited!!

I just checked the info that I have so far, I will be getting the full report next Monday, Sept 22nd:

Apnea events – mild to severe
Avg was 5, than 9 and topped out at 44 while on back
Oxygen level was usually around 95%, dropped to 82% while on back
during REM sleep
Settings 5-15, try nasal pillows

Good points on staying at the pressure I am at right now. Sure don't want to go for the banana split before I have to.

Thanks for being here!
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Post Reply Post Reply
This is you excited?? Would hate to see you partying! Big Grin

Congrads, good luck on the therapy, and all the best!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2014, 09:11 PM)Galactus Wrote: This is you excited?? Would hate to see you partying! Big Grin

Oh Galactus,

If you only knew! Grin!!

Actually, my joy about getting my new CPAP stems from my using my hubby's old machine, the "brick", seeing the difference in my activity level, and seeing my hubby use his new machine, the PR System One w/Humidifier.

AND - I watched my father (an electrical engineer) kill off his brain cells and damage his heart enough to cause him to need a heart valve replacement. He had to be declared legally incompetent - I was his legal conservator, my sister was his legal guardian and she ended up having to do hands-on-care until we could get him in an adult family home. He died in his sleep...fitting somehow.

I know FIRST HAND just what damage untreated sleep apnea can do. And I DO NOT want to go there!!!

OK, off my soap box now. Guess I am more passionate about CPAP/APAP use than I knew.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2014, 10:04 PM)Evpraxia Wrote:
(09-15-2014, 09:11 PM)Galactus Wrote: This is you excited?? Would hate to see you partying! Big Grin

Oh Galactus,

If you only knew! Grin!!

Actually, my joy about getting my new CPAP stems from my using my hubby's old machine, the "brick", seeing the difference in my activity level, and seeing my hubby use his new machine, the PR System One w/Humidifier.

AND - I watched my father (an electrical engineer) kill off his brain cells and damage his heart enough to cause him to need a heart valve replacement. He had to be declared legally incompetent - I was his legal conservator, my sister was his legal guardian and she ended up having to do hands-on-care until we could get him in an adult family home. He died in his sleep...fitting somehow.

I know FIRST HAND just what damage untreated sleep apnea can do. And I DO NOT want to go there!!!

OK, off my soap box now. Guess I am more passionate about CPAP/APAP use than I knew.

Believe me, honestly, when I say I know just what you mean. My test was a solid line of apnea's, I was falling asleep everywhere all the time like I had narcolepsy.

Then I got diagnosed, and got a POS machine, and had to buy my own machine.

You can see my struggles on the other thread;
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid83382

So believe me when I say I know the struggle, I am feeling so much better these days, and a good deal of it goes out to all these guys that have helped me.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news and glad you are excited about your machine because your OSA will be better treated if you go into it with the attitude that it is there to save your life. Will there be bumps in the road? Maybe but for the most part, with the help of the members here, you can get through them. You have all the help you need here at your fingertips
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 364 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 563 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 427 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,412 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.