Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Improving Treatment - airsense 10 auto set - p10 pillow mask
Improving Treatment - airsense 10 auto set - p10 pillow mask
Attached is my Oscar report - how can I improve my therapy and start to feel better ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Improving Treatment - airsense 10 auto set - p10 pillow mask
Welcome to Apnea Board!

Considering that you joined the Board just recently, I'm guessing that you started therapy only recently.

Looking at your statistics, I think you are doing very well, and feeling better is only a matter of letting your body adjust to its new situation and recover from the sleep debt. How long that takes varies; some people feel the improvement in a week or two. I'm fairly oblivious and it took me six months to notice - I'd had some degree of apnea for ten years before I started CPAP.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, thanks for the response. May I just add that I’m dealing with UARS, is there anything different I need to do with treatment ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The treatment for UARS usually involves Pressure Support (in a bi-level) or EPR in an AirSense AutoSet. You've got EPR set to 3 full time, so that's the best you can do with an AutoSet.

Your doctor will tell you you are well treated with an AHI below 5. With monitoring and tuning your settings, most people can achieve an average AHI between 2 and 3 - and you are there already.

By the way, you can use the F12 key to take a screenshot that will be stored in your profile folder. It makes for clearer attachment.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 92 04-18-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 149 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 1,000 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,660 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 162 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 127 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 232 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.