Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] In need of guidance.
RE: In need of guidance.
you need to lay out the chart, as described in a few of the signatures and probably the wiki page. wide variation between nights may indicate positional problems. chin to chest obstructing the airway, sleeping on back etc. some need a foam cervical collar to keep the airway straight. you should get one under 10 quid.

looking at the month summary, I could be wrong, but I think the clear airways will subside as you go on. there are a few good nights already.
If it were my chart I'd raise the minimum pressure more, till the OA and H are under control.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the signatures and wiki page? How should I lay it out?
Post Reply Post Reply
post 5 on the last page by sleeprider has these links working at the bottom of his post
Organize your SleepyHead Data
Post your SleepyHead Data from Imgur
Robysue's Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead
Mask Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for posting.  

Locking. I hope you can find a way of setting things and keeping the settings.  First thing to try would be take the SD card out and slide the switch on the SD card cover to unlock.  Second, If you have a modem contained in the device, it can be changed by the care provider from their office.  I believe there is an airplane mode which cuts off these privileges so they cannot change (or read/review) your settings and data.

Settings. If these were my data, I would suggest adjust my min pressure to 11, and max to 14.  I would change my Cflex to 1.  Then I would run that 4 to 7 days to get a nice average.

I agree with ajack that you may be getting different results due to sleep position, how you have propped your head, or differences in what you had to eat, or drink, or medications.  Some have had amazing results from soft cervical collar which gently supports your neck region.

Others will probably chime in with good advice and observations.

Good luck,

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think your settings are the whole problem. The clustering of events and pattern suggests a positional issue where your airway gets blcocked by your head/neck position.  Many users have found great relief in using a soft cervical collar ($10-$20) that keeps the chin from tucking towards the chest.  Others have used ergonimic or special pillows that prevent that posture.  Increasing minimum pressure may be part of this, but I think if you resolve the posture issue, the need for more pressure will be minimal. I do think the suggestion to increase minimum pressure to 11.0 is good, and should be part of the program.   The Philips dreamstation is a little slow to increase pressure ahead of OA events, and you have relatively little flow limitation or snores which is what the machine relies on as a signal to increase pressure.   I think most of your events are obstructive, and we aren't going to focus on the CA for now as that may be an artifact of being new to the therapy and disruption from the clusters of obstructive events we are seeing.

The first two links in my signature describe how to organize and post these charts.  First, minimize the monthly calendar by clicking the triangle in the date line. That will reveal a lot of information that that big block of dates is taking up.  Your summary data shows you started out with very fragmented therapy that didn't do much, but it appear you have been putting in more time and effort since May.  Still just over 5-hours, so try to make this more comfortable and stick with it.  I think you may be surprised at how comfortable the soft cervical collar can be, and I'm sure some of the members here that use them will have some suggestions.

[Image: 0B6UIffUJjTTvyJKIRade-pcwlwMnRriCnrkEA9X...78-h662-no]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much, I feel a little less stressed about it now. I had wondered about posture, though I don't sleep on my back I'm quite sure. My partner says I don't also. I'll order a collar from Amazon. So the periodic breathing isn't anything to worry about?
Any ideas re the addition of the humidifier making me feel like the pressure has dropped and can't get enough air?
Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling like too little air. Sorry, I meant to mention that the machine might have been set to 'Auto-off'= ON, meaning that the machine can turn itself off automatically if it appears you are not present at the mask end. Check that and make sure that 'Auto-off'= OFF.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
With your current pressure, once an obstructive cluster begins, it just takes too long for themachine to reach a pressure that opens the airway. Increasing the minimum should help. Positional apnea doesn't need to be on your back. Think whether you tend to tuck your chin while sleeping on your side. As an exercise, try lowering your chin toward your chest; do you feel your airway closing? It's pretty common.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
hi. i increased pressure to minimum of 11 and max of 14 last night and AHI this am was 6.3. 90% pressure was 14. did not use humidifier as scared pressure is too low. the reason for this is that without it i can hear air at the mask and the vent. but with the humidifier i can hear absolutely nothing, i assume this is due to reduced pressure?
regarding my data, ive been using this machine since feb 23rd. for some reason only the data from may the 2nd appears. i did download sleepyhead on another computer and lost the password. so maybe its just left it there and then restarted recording from 2nd of may. from feb 23 till march 20 the pressure was 4-20 and from march 20 to may 17th i re set it to 9-20 and the doctor set it to 1'-20 on may 17th. ive worn the mask without fail from feb 23rd, all night and with minimal leaks and 100% fit. there was some improvement after increasing to 9-20 and had the lowest AHI of 0.8 after increasing to 10-20. ill try when i get back to liverpool to access that previous data. ill post a screen shot of last nights data once ive rearranged it as you advised. last nights screen shot uploaded. im getting the hang of this thanks

http://imgur.com/zJjdiJZ
Post Reply Post Reply
At 90%/14cm and given that was your max. I would box it in with min12 / max16 and see how it went. what was the median number? did you get the charts worked out? it will help get a better picture
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 300 9 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 135 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 167 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,381 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 6 497 01-17-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  [Treatment] UARS With BiPAP - Looking for Some Guidance Sleepy541 2 414 01-07-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepy541
  Programme change guidance to eliminate apneas FijiFarmer 1 245 01-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.