Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] In search of general CPAP coaching
RE: In search of general CPAP coaching
Good charts! The leak did not interfere with therapy and the respiratory flow rate shows good resolution. I think it's fair to say the leak woke you up, and we see the respiratory response to the arousal and mask adjustment. The OA may be part of that arousal rather than a sleep apnea event. Respiratory flow looks excellent in the "normal" screenshot. Since the S-mode does not track flow limit, I just wanted to verify it is not a problem, and it seems not to be an issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that sounds good, at least. Any thoughts on me playing with my ti min/max and my cycle/trigger sensitivity? See how my inspiration time kind of flatlines (one presumes artificially) when my ti min is set up higher? First image shows ti min at 1.8. 

Out of curiosity, I started backing it down, thinking maybe it would be better to let myself breathe more naturally than to force myself to keep breathing more deeply. Second shows at .8, with a lot more variance. 

But the general thought is, even though the leaks are not interfering with therapy, they are waking me up and that's why I feel like garbage in the mornings?
Post Reply Post Reply
Dfunk - there’s a brand of tape called Hypafix that you can find on amazon. Look for the 4 inch wide rolls. It’s fabric based, but strong and hypoallergenic and really durable stuff. It will give you significant coverage around your mouth. Try taping like and H, 1 inch outside the corners going across your lips. Then use separate strips going up at each corner. Go as big across the lips as you can to insure good coverage and narrower up on the corners and see how that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll give that tape a try. 

Also, I had such a WTF night of sleep last night. Low AHI and leak. But I woke up after unintentionally sleeping in and feeling awful. I figured out that the "Sleep As Android" app I use with my phone/smart watch is in fact an actigraphy measure and it says I had low deep sleep and that I woke up several times, though I only remember waking up the once. My spouse claims that she heard me leaking really badly this morning, which seems to match some of my machine's leak reading? But when I woke up, both my nose ports and tape seemed sealed up tight.  Here are all the screenshots from OSCAR from last night. Attaching actigraphy screenshot in next comment. 

Here is actigraphy as promised. Note that the thing that seems to correlate most with feeling rested is the amount of deep sleep registered in my actigraph. The closer to 3 hours or more I get, the better I feel.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,986 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  General Issues Lusk 3 339 01-22-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Tonsillectomy And general anesthesia Jen0628jen 4 465 09-14-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: car54
Question [Health] Risking surgery with General Anesthetic henryrootytoot 21 1,597 06-26-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11 Cpapian 3 831 06-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.