Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Interpreting Oscar Data
Interpreting Oscar Data
Hi, everyone!

I've been using my resmed machine for about a month now and I frequently wake up in the night, but have had some good sleep here and there. I'm trying to understand the frequent awakenings and went to Oscar to understand why this could be happening. Unfortunately, I'm a newbie to all of this and I have no idea what I'm looking at and can't discern any meaningful info. Heard about this helpful forum on Reddit, so I'm giving it a shot if anyone would be kind enough to review some of this for me?

Not sure the best way to share my data from Oscar? I guess thats my first question. LOL

I took a few screenshots, but im not sure if that is the best route. Attached them.

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to take a look. It's been a struggle to get used to my machine/therapy, but I'm fully committed to make this work, just need some help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting Oscar Data
Start here for good info about OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Then here on how to organize and screenshot your OSCAR for the experts

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Then wander around the wiki for loads more info.

I'm still a newbie too so I can't speak to the data you posted, sorry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really appreciate you sharing! I’ll take a look. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Steve, your charts are not very useful in thier current format. We can't see settings and much of the useful data is obscured by the monthly calendar. You can minimize that calendar and follow the "Organizing your Oscar Chart" wiki linked in my signature. It appears you are using a Resmed Autoset at 10-15 pressure with EPR 3 and experience clusters of CA events at the end of the night as well as some random CA associated with arousal during the night. We may suggest a reduction of EPR to 2 since there is no flow limit and no obstructive events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the response! I will adjust the EPR tonight and see what happens. I've also added a new night of screenshots that had some OA events(thanks for the wiki on the how to Smile ), but you're correct that I typically see way more CA events in OSCAR. This was never mentioned in any of my sleep studies, so its strange and not sure what it means tbh. Not sure if you can glean anymore info from this night/screenshots. Really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience.  

I've been reading other threads as well, great to find such a supportive community!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 11 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 105 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 145 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.