Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Is it possible to handle this without a local supplier/respiratory therapist?
RE: Is it possible to handle this without a local supplier/respiratory therapist?
You are under no obligation to deal with the same place for your masks as your machine. Let the machine contract run. Get a copy of your prescription from your doctor's office. Call your insurance company and ask them what requirements are needed for getting just SUPPLIES at another place paid for. Explain to them that apparently the staff considers you demanding because 3 masks in a row didn't work for you (there are well over 100 masks out there available) and you want to take your supplies and masks order to a different DME covered by your insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it possible to handle this without a local supplier/respiratory therapist?
Hi Lani,

I've sent you a PM. I can help you specifically with this person, and DME as I've also had a very unconscionable experience with the same man and DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2015, 01:43 AM)Lani Wrote: I have checked into moving to another supplier, but have found out that because there is a contract in place, I would have to turn in my machine and the new supplier would have to take a loss, which they are not too eager to do.

The new supplier and the old supplier have nothing in common and in any case, neither is your problem. If you bring back the new machine to your current supplier and they take a loss, maybe that's the cost of them being a-holes. I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over it.

As others have said, get a copy of your prescription/order from your doctor, and use whoever you want. You can get a first-class auto machine and mask online for $700-$800, and "lightly used" for even less. This is probably going to be about the same or even less than your "rental" payments and co-pay.

At that point all you need to do is pick out what you want online, and click the "buy" button.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 118 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 171 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 253 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Improve Respiratory Rate? MrIvanDrago 4 348 02-16-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Can respiratory effort be inferred from OSCAR data? alienfrontier 1 230 02-02-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Think I'm getting a handle on this. Or am I? spudhorse 25 1,267 12-12-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 547 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.