Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] John70's Therapy Thread
RE: John70's Therapy Thread
Hi Gideon,

I purchased all 3 cervical collars. 1. The Carex is stiff that seems to work well, however I had to give up using it as I did not sleep. Also, the Velcro was a problem sticking to my F30 headgear. 2. Caldera is very soft and comfortable, except that is gets very hot. So far, it may be one I could use at least while I am awake. 3. The Corflex has not arrived yet from Amazon. 

No the Medicare Advantage Plan only rents the machines since my enrollment is only for 1/year. Even if I re-enroll into the Advantage Plan it will never be the rent to own, just continuous rental payments. I am curious to find out what those rentals payment would be. Unlike Original Medicare Part B, I pay 20% of the cost to "rent" after 13/months I own it. I was on Original Medicare in 2017 when I started OSA therapy. The AirSense 10, I have now is mine to keep.

I will get the AirCurve soon. Hopefully, I will be able to control my events better with or without a cervical collar. I of course with keep trying to improve with the help of the Apena Board.

Thank you, so much for responding. 

John70
Sleep Apnea is a fight I need to win! 
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at your pillow usage if using 2 or 3 cut down the number. We are not fussy about how you stop the tucking. But you need to stop it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Gideon for your "scolding" for not being more diligent with using a cervical collar. Last night I used the Caldera and kept loose. Sunday FedEx will be delivering the BiLevel machine, I am excited to start using it. 

Thank you very much

John 70

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Gideon,

I found the only cervical collar that I can tolerate is #2  the Caldera.

I just received my VAuto CPAP from Second Wind, like brand new. I have the SD card for Oscar.
Settings: VAuto, Max IPAP 25.00, Min EPAP 4.0, PS 4, The other settings, I am leaving alone.

I am going to try now, to get some data on the card.

My CPAP setting on the AirSense 10 is 11cmH20, APAP setting is 10 to 15 cmH20, no ramp or EPR.

Any thoughts about starting using it tonight. I do have an appointment with the APRN tomorrow to document the need for a BiLevel machine for insurance. I am curious to know what my rental rate would be if I went through insurance.

I will ask her also what my settings should be to start. I never had that conversation with her, it will be telling to see how she responds.

Thank you,

John 70
Post Reply Post Reply
Great. Because it is used do a factory reset to force a reset of all settings, that way you will not have any surprises.
It may be there already but this way you will be sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Gideon,

My first night with VAuto. Used P10. First hours without mouth tape, had a frowny face, last hours with tape, no frowny face. It is easier to breath with the VAuto, that hopefully someday I won't need the tape. 

I did pick up some data without doing the factory reset. The machine shows 2:25 hours/ 7.0 events / mask seal both good. I actually used the VAuto from 7:30pm to 3:30am about 8/hours. 

I talked to Lesley @ Second Wind yesterday who is going to have Mark call today to talk about using the machine. Also, I have my appointment with my APRN who may also offer some advise. 

More importantly, I am blessed to have you and the Apnea Board to help. I will ask the people today how to do the "factory reset" today. I really like to see my Oscar report to see where the settings need to be. 

Thank you for your response.

John 70

Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon,

I just did the factory reset, and erase all data without the SD card. The default mode VAuto, change IPAP back to 12 and EPAP to 7. PS default 4. Everything else looks good. I do like "smart start". Do you prefer smart start or leak alarm, apparently we cannot do both. Maybe I should try leak alarm, without my mouth tape to see if I can train my brain to keep my mouth closed.

Have a great day!

John 70
Post Reply Post Reply
Generally NO leak alarm as it will just wake you up, however if you think it will help as a training function, try it.j I'd rater sleep. Use the Smartstart, it works great and very quickly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leak alarms on the BPAP like this will not be very loud if it's equal to the alarm on my ASV. If it is loud enough to wake you, it's defeating the PAP therapy purpose.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first night with BiPap. 
Settings: VAuto PS 5.0 over 7.0-12 cmH20

AHI 13.17 

I am confused!!!

Yesterday my Dr. gave me an Rx for a BiPap, so he is onboard with the change. The Rx PS 4 over 11-15 cmH20.
Another respiratory person recommended starting with PS 6 over 6-12 cmH20.

The whole purpose of the BiPap was to lower my CA's which I could not do with my APAP. 

So my first night here it is 4:00am wondering where do I go from here.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

John 70

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,211 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.