Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Keep waking up from Clear Airway Events
Sad 
Keep waking up from Clear Airway Events
Just got an SD card last week and downloaded and used OSCAR today to look at the last week's data. My main problem is frequent wakeups, The harshest wakeups seem to follow Clear airway events. I do not take opioids though I do drink Chamomile tea if that is at all relevant. It also appears that my pressure increases shortly before my wakeups, I will continue to monitor the situation but I think it would make sense to raise the minimum pressure to the pressures that are reached right before my wakeups? Any help would be appreciated as these wakeups were present for months before starting CPAP and did not improve post treatment, in fact some days they're worse if I use CPAP. Daytime symptoms have mildly improved. 
AHI usually floats around 0.8 plus or minus 0.5.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Keep waking up from Clear Airway Events
I would look at the flow limits chart. You can post the night and get suggestions.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
It says my CSV data file type is not accepted, am I supposed to take a bunch of screenshots of the graphs and stitch them together? I attached a screenshot of flow limits and it looks fairly unrelated to Clear Airway events.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
No problem with your flow limits in fact your entire charts look very good. Even the clear airways are not many. Sorry I have nothing.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
No, thank you for your time. I used that example because it was a night where my AHI would have indicated wakeups should have been rare but I woke up several times and there were 3 Clear airway events within a few minutes right before I woke up very harshly as an example. This is a more conventional night. I have attached a more conventional night below just the day before where the amount of wakeups seems proportional to the number of events.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you're using a PC with OSCAR, while looking at the daily detail page click F12 to get OSCAR to temporarily format the charts to include Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leaks, Flow Limits then the others below these. Then it'll take a screenshot as well. It looks like your CA event flags were at about 4 or so for the session. I don't think these CA are your culprit, it at least not by themselves. There's got to be something beyond a few CA disrupting your sleep, and I don't think we have all the data on this chart. The session overall looks good with the duration being on the shorter side at 5.x hours. I'd consider suggesting a post with that more standard chart and then see what tomorrow's OSCAR chart looks like too.

PS The above was in reference to the first post and chart. Thes other 2 charts still only have a few CA. It does reveal a Ramp pattern which might be an issue. I'd minimize or turn off Ramp.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I have come to realize that my sleep maintenance insomnia may be related to my melatonin use, that said after raising base pressure to 7.2, removing ramp and lowering EPR to 2, I was able to get 5 consecutive hours of sleep without a single event. Again i was woken up prematurely but I think this may have nothing to do with the actual CPAP therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Increased pressure and lowered EPR more Clear Airway events
Increased pressure to the level where obstructive events were usually fixed now more clear airway events present and may have woken up with my mouth open but unsure. Pictures attached. Overall AHI is only 0.82 though I feel kind of crappy and it was rough getting out of bed. in the morning.

Post Reply Post Reply
Grima, your two threads have been merged together.  In order to help, it's important to try and keep all your therapy help in one thread, so when folks reply, they'll know the entire history of your therapy, which will help them provide more comprehensive and effective solutions.

Thanks.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 1 40 38 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 346 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,397 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 121 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.