Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization
RE: Koala1 - oscar data, first impressions
Most of the CA I see is preceded b irregular breathing implying that you were not asleep. There are a couple of CO2 induced episodes of Central Apnea. In all nothing much to be aware of.

From the brief view, and as such inconclusive, of our SpO2 I am concerned enough to request a detailed report from your oximeter. One that includes durations at or below pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2021, 09:26 AM)Gideon Wrote: Most of the CA I see is preceded b irregular breathing implying that you were not asleep.  There are a couple of CO2 induced episodes of Central Apnea.  In all nothing much to be aware of.

From the brief view, and as such inconclusive, of our SpO2 I am concerned enough to request a detailed report from your oximeter. One that includes durations at or below pressures.

I was just falling asleep at that time. 
It was really weird experience to be woken up by wellue ring alarm so decided to consult that. Thank you. 

I don’t exactly understand what should I share concerning SpO2. I can share csv or binary file from wellue ring but what pressure do you mean? CPAP data? 

I’m sorry I’m completely new to this stuff...
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry pressures was misleading. Use o2 levels instead.

98 minutes at <= 88% SpO2. for example.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have the Wellvue/Viatom O2 Insight Pro software (or the ViHealth app on your phone) then that report will show you the time below <90% in minutes (it would also help to include the total time of recording too).
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok now it’s clear!
I use only smartphone app so far. 
In the attachment screen from that day.

I measure saturation levels for like 2 weeks now. I had levels below 90% for 4 nights. 
Length from 12s to 52s.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you know if you were awake or asleep when those drops happened in the chart above?
Post Reply Post Reply
I was in a state when you’re not aware what’s going on around and fall asleep. Then woke up do to oximeter alarm and started falling asleep again.
Each time I have been woken up by oximeter alarm so yes. I would say I was barely sleeping that time
Post Reply Post Reply
I would say the good thing is that once you were asleep, for the rest of the night, your sats were great. I think Gideon has probably got the right idea, but I'm going to defer to him and the others on here for their feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear that as I understand there’s not much to worry about?

I tried to google what CO2 induced episodes of Central Apnea is, as Gideon mentioned l, however without results.
Man I need to study more about it.

I assume that 1min a night with saturation below 90% also is not so bad?
Post Reply Post Reply
1 minute is not bad.

On CO2 induced Central Apnea.
All CPAPs,APAPS, BiLevels improve your breathing.
There are many factor involved in our breathing. This is the simplified version.
Surprising to me, and I'm sure to most, our drive to breathe, to actually take a breathe is not driven by our need to intake oxygen, need for oxygen makes us breathe faster, but on the need to expell CO2. There is an apneic threshold, when blood CO2 levels go below this apneic threshold a central Apnea occurs. We see this mostly on new users, and if you are among the (in)lucky few ...

Because of the vet low pressures used in our machines we breathe better, deeper, with them than without them. This results in exhaling more CO2 with your machine than without it. This gradually reduces the CO2 levels resulting in shallower breaths. Eventually the CO2 levels drop below the apneic threshold and you stop breathing, a central Apnea occurs. Now that you are not breathing CO2 levels start to rise. When you pass thru your apneic threshold going up you start to breathe, shallow at first but building untill the CO2 levels are 'high and you re flushing more CO2 from your system and the cycle repeats. This results in a waxing and waning pattern in the flow rate curve.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 598 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,646 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 593 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 523 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 408 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.