Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization
RE: Koala1 - oscar data, first impressions
OK Flex options are there for you to do what you did, choose the setting that's most comfortable to you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
High AHI is back!
I have this pattern that takes a week to notice, and it seems that after each change to minimal pressure AHI goes down only to go up again. I wonder if my body is getting used to higher pressure.

At first I thought mask may not fit or my position is a problem, but most likely it’s not it.

After changing to 7.5 my AHI was
1.1, 0.9, 1.3, 1.6, 1.5, 1.8 and today 2.2

Still not enough?

Average pressure went up from 7.5 to 8.0
90% pressure also went up from 8.0 to around 9.0 (it was 10 one day)

At 7.5 at first I thought that it’s quite high and had to get used to breathe, now it seems OK. If I have adapted and I need higher pressure OK, but will that ever stop?
Post Reply Post Reply
Since AHI went back up to 2.7 I decided to up my minimal pressure. 
Now it’s 8.5, and first night get me down to 1.5 AHI
Today I’ll try higher pillow. 
I switched to low few days ago and after that AHI went up. (There was one day with low so difficult to say if it is cause)

Also I’m thinking to check a mouthpiece that regulates lower jaw position. 
Cervical collar doesn’t influence OB so maybe it is the other way, when my head is in position as when looking up…
Post Reply Post Reply
Since AHI went back up to 2.7 I decided to up my minimal pressure. 
Now it’s 8.5, and first night get me down to 1.5 AHI
Today I’ll try higher pillow. 
I switched to low few days ago and after that AHI went up. (There was one day with low so difficult to say if it is cause)

Also I’m thinking to check a mouthpiece that regulates lower jaw position. 
Cervical collar doesn’t influence OB so maybe it is the other way, when my head is in position as when looking up…
Post Reply Post Reply
Just for the learning, Apnea events will vary a bit each night. So watch for trends. If it happens once only that's not always the time to take action.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2021, 07:59 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Just for the learning, Apnea events will vary a bit each night. So watch for trends. If it happens once only that's not always the time to take action.

I will share screens later as I have no access to PC right now, but I waited more than a week to confirm if my ahi is going up. I think it’s trend already.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK yes then let's see OSCAR charts when you can post them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, as always!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2021, 08:18 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK yes then let's see OSCAR charts when you can post them.

I have attached last 2 nights and overview of last lights on 6.0 and 7.5 pressure.
You can se how it was changed on June 22 and went down, only to get up again after my body get used to the pressure.

I had CA for last two nights, on 7.5 with flex 2 and 8.5 with flex 3
Tonight I gonna go with 8.0 and flex 3
It seems flex 3 prevents air to get to my belly.
On flex 2 and 7.5 I had real problem with this. Hope flex 3 will be better in long run.

As I said before, I am going to use higher pillow from tonight.
Eventually I may try mouth piece that let adjust lower jaw position.
I was thinking about it before but you cant buy such device in Japan.
I may import from US again...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Whichever one you feel is better. Remember to build and watch trends. Some say flex 3 is disruptive, but if it works for you then go with it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 599 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,646 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 597 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 523 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 408 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.