Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization
RE: Koala1 - oscar data, first impressions
Best result so far.
With min pressure 8.5, hypopnea is nearly gone.
Today I slept in collar which eliminated obstructive completely.
Didnt have CA.

For the collar - I dont think it is about tucking my jaw, but rather height of my head while sleeping.
I will imitate height I get with collar by putting some towels beneath my pillow today and crosscheck that.
Who knows, maybe those CA are obstructive anyway.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
With high pillow (around 17cm) obstructive is suppressed and over all AHI is around or below 0.6.

I have been to new sleep doctor today. He checked data but couldn’t advise anything new to me.
He was looking on PDF report from Philips software apparently and there is now way to check detailed data in it as it’s already printed.
This was big disappointment.

He made analysis based on those data and said I don’t have to change anything since my ahi is below 1.
He mentioned that AHI under 5 is ok.
Well, sleep clinic my ass.

He also was not able to answer my questions concerning possible micro arousals due to pulse changes and some other.

Anyway, I’m good to go with my current set up and for more detailed info I won’t hesitate to consult YOU as doctors here in Tokyo sucks.

Thank you for your help!
Still have a lot to learn but if not for ApneaBoard, I wouldn’t learn nothing.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems overall I am doing good on latest settings: 8.5/12, AFLEX3, Nasal pillow mask.

However, sometimes I have difficulties with breathing.
Today i had such problem, especially after 4AM. I basically woke up and could not go to sleep again.

I thought my nose was congested, but after taking off the mask and blowing my nose i realized it is not a problem.
If congested nose really was not cause, then what could be?
What could cause such high flow limitations?

Could you please check attached graphs?

Post Reply Post Reply
I myself don't know anything about Respironics and their method on the flow limits. Everything else looks good as far as I'm seeing.

Others will stop by and offer assistance.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar says i was not breathing, but SpO2 level was OK.
Anyone is familiar with this problem.
Screens in the attachment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The BDR events seem to be a loss of data and is not an event or apnea. There are a couple things I do when I feel congested, including "dry" congestion. I use Flonase to relieve nasal inflammation. When I wake up at 3:00 or 4:00 AM, I sometimes take a couple of melatonin (5 mg) to help me relax and fall asleep. It does not make me groggy in the morning, but I just hate laying awake in bed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So it’s machine problem!
Ok, that’s good to hear. 
Still my flow rate was low around the time it lost data so it’s still concerning…

Thanks for the advice!
I do use some nasal drops when my nose is congested as well as Claritin for allergy. Helps a lot. 

The event I had, was not really connected to congestion. I have no clue what it was but will take care to figure out next time it happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization
Dear All,

I would like to ask for your help with optimizing setting for Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.

Before change on Dreamstation
Min 8.5
Max 12.0
AFlex 3
AHI around 0.7 on average
Tape on mouth

On Dreamstation i had slight Aerophagia from min pressure of 6.0. It was not that bothersome (not counting morning farts)

Now to Resmed only one night

Min 7.0
Max 12.0
EPR 0
AHI around 0.7
Normal response mode
Tape on mouth

Yesterday new Autosed was delivered so I set it up with above mentioned settings.
As I understand Resmed is faster with response to an event, so i set lower min pressure comparing to Dreamstation.
I wanted to set EPR to 3, but by mistake it was left OFF for last night. No problems with breathing, but with EPR it is way more comfy.

Overall it seems my sleep was little bit better comparing to Dreamstation. I mean I was not waking up so many times.
Problem is, aerophagia got worse on Resmed, and I had dry mouth during sleep.
It happened like twice on Dreamstation, but mouth was not so dry that time.

I can add that aerophagia happens with my taping my mouth, as well as on FFM.

Do you think that changing response to soft, or setting EPR would help?
I also consider trying lower min pressure, Maybe AHI will not increase...

I will be more than happy to hear any advice.

PS. Resmed is so much more quite!
and way it delivers air is much more gentle!

Post Reply Post Reply
EPR should help with aerophagia.  Try EPR=2, that will be most similar to PR's flex
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll check it.
I just saw setting but EPR was ON and set to 3.
Also pressure relief was ON in patient menu.
No idea why it was off during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 613 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 440 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 601 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 527 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 411 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.