Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization
RE: Koala1 - oscar data, first impressions
I have changed mask type sertings, yes. 

Today i tried x2 setting recommended for medium nasal pillow. It was easier to breathe somehow however Spo2 chart was dispersed with average 1% lower than usually, and AHI was 3 again. 
I’ll go back to x1 and try higher pressure maybe. 
Also cervical collar will be delivered today, I wonder if it will make difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick update

With min pressure of 7 AHI went immediately down to 1.7
Cervical collar doesn’t seem to change anything, however I noticed that pressure immediately goes up after I turn to my back.
I woke up few times today and yesterday. It would be good to check how AHI behaves wen I can sleep only on my side.

Anyway I gonna increase pressure by another 0.5 today
Post Reply Post Reply
OK if pressure increases when you move onto your back, it is likely an increased restriction on the airway.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have chenged from soft pillow to a little bit higher and medium hard but pressure still is increasing.
My head tilt backwards a little bit. As when looking up when you stand.
It could make such difference?

And from what Ive read, usually soft, low pillows are being recommended. Here it seems I would have to keep my had a little bit higher probably.
Did I miss something?
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure changed to 7.5 - 12
Average pressure 7.6
90% pressure 8.0
AHI 1.1!

Still woke up few times.
Know time so will compare with Oscar data later.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stats you state sounds reasonable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll post Oscar data in the afternoon, but I can already say I will feel good today.
It is only second night with AHI below 2 but I hope it will stabilise with this pressure settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have attached two last days at pressure 7 and 7.5.
Flow limitations went to 0.00 at pressure 7.5, hypopnea also went down dramatically.
On the other hand Obstructive is consistent at 0.4-0.5.
I want to record myself to see when it happens. (Back probably but need to confirm)

If I can keep this AHI level I will be really happy.

After few days I will try changing A flex to C flex, to check how it will influence breathing pattern.
SpO2 levels are going up and down too much.

Wearing fullface mask the chart was almost flat line, and oxygen level was higher than usually.
Its either nasal congestion or breathing pattern and I want to know what it is and if I can improve it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK the stats aren't bad looking, actually very good. Mostly now it's building a trend, stringing multiple good charts like these. And of course, feeling better for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!

Today’s AHI was 0.9.
Average pressure 7.7, 90% 8.5. 
I’m gonna keep useimg 7.5/12 pressure. 

I tried C flex for a minute. It was not fun. Difficult to breathe. Even worse with flex off. 
A flex is really a comfort option I need.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 606 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 432 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 600 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 525 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 409 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.